What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

13 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Update: I started watching episode 1 and there are a lot of scenes where people are speaking but no subtitles appear. Decided not to watch and wait for a better version to appear.

I watched an episode, from a pack 21.71GB tagged with SMURF - it seems good. There shouldn’t be an issue, it’s from netflix, it’s not like it’s fansubbed.

Also, interestingly, the first episode defaulted to dubbed English audio, I never use a dub, never since watching Shaw bros. Martial arts movies, and it sounded like the actual Fauda actors did the dub, it was well done, I watched the first action scene at the beginning before it dawned on me. 

But I hear you, I tried watching Sky Roja last night, it didn’t have English subs, along with hundreds of other languages it has the English hard of hearing subs (like with [Music Playing] .. then the lyrics) - it confused me no end so gave up waiting for a PROPER version.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

Update: I started watching episode 1 and there are a lot of scenes where people are speaking but no subtitles appear. Decided not to watch and wait for a better version to appear.

Open the sub titles menu there are several sets of English subs shown the first set are forced and poor as you describe, the ones below those work perfectly. they are called Track 4 and SDH

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, recom273 said:

I watched an episode, from a pack 21.71GB tagged with SMURF - it seems good. There shouldn’t be an issue, it’s from netflix, it’s not like it’s fansubbed.

Also, interestingly, the first episode defaulted to dubbed English audio, I never use a dub, never since watching Shaw bros. Martial arts movies, and it sounded like the actual Fauda actors did the dub, it was well done, I watched the first action scene at the beginning before it dawned on me. 

But I hear you, I tried watching Sky Roja last night, it didn’t have English subs, along with hundreds of other languages it has the English hard of hearing subs (like with [Music Playing] .. then the lyrics) - it confused me no end so gave up waiting for a PROPER version.

Hmm. That's the version that I downloaded (Smurf 21.71GB). Just noticed the post from @Rimmer about other subtitles.  Will revisit.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

19 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Open the sub titles menu there are several sets of English subs shown the first set are forced and poor as you describe, the ones below those work perfectly. they are called Track 4 and SDH

Great info @Rimmer. Thanks. Will check it out later.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

There is a great documentary on BBC iPlayer called "How the Holocaust Began" and as I've always been interested in that subject I decided to watch it, and was so pleased that I did.

One of the reasons was that when I was in my teens and working in a factory in the UK, we had a German guy who was responsible for running the boilers, and I saw some footage of the concentration camps on TV and asked him how on earth this happened/how could they do this?

His response was that the German people never knew these things were happening and therefore were powerless to stop it/them, however there were some critics at the time who laid waste to this argument, suggesting that with such a huge scale of events going on, someone must have noticed.

This documentary puts paid the original argument and it is both disturbing and disgusting, and is well worth a watch IMO.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, xylophone said:

His response was that the German people never knew these things were happening and therefore were powerless to stop it/them, however there were some critics at the time who laid waste to this argument, suggesting that with such a huge scale of events going on, someone must have noticed.

I've met lots of Germans, none of them ever admit any of their family were Nazis.

Aldo "the Apache" (Inglourious Bastards) had the answer. 

At the start 30% of the population voted for Hitler.

At the end 90% supported Hitler and 15% were registered Nazis.

Edited by BritManToo

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

There is a great documentary on BBC iPlayer called "How the Holocaust Began" and as I've always been interested in that subject I decided to watch it, and was so pleased that I did.

One of the reasons was that when I was in my teens and working in a factory in the UK, we had a German guy who was responsible for running the boilers, and I saw some footage of the concentration camps on TV and asked him how on earth this happened/how could they do this?

This documentary puts paid the original argument and it is both disturbing and disgusting, and is well worth a watch IMO.

Not such a popular version about how it all started and ... where.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt20863280/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_4

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching Line in the Sand (HaShotrim) season 1. It's a crime drama, set in Israel. 

Very good IMHO and well worth a look.

Storyline: Alon Shenhav, a top police detective based in Tel Aviv, is asked to return to his hometown of Nahariya as a detective officer for a year. When he returns, he discovers that the town is under control of  a criminal organization operating with impunity, run by Maor Ezra. Alon understands that in order to fight Ezra, he must first restore the public status of the seemingly apathetic police department in the city.

This has already been recommended by @Will27 I got it from 1337x and it's also available elsewhere.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13956724/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I thought it was a cracker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just started watching Line in the Sand (HaShotrim) season 1. It's a crime drama, set in Israel. 

Do the subs come with that Mutt ?

Anyone else looking for it, your probably find it best doing a search in Yiddish name.   HaShotrim

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Hebrew

My apologies if I am wrong--but isn't the Alphabet written words,  Hebrew, But the spoken language Yiddish? 

yer.. I guess as I was writing about subs--then that would be Hebrew, my bad.

Yiddish is the language of the Ashkenazim, central and eastern European Jews and their descendants.

Written in the Hebrew alphabet, it became one of the world's most widespread languages, appearing in most countries with a Jewish population by the 19th century. Yiddish language | Britannica

2 hours ago, Thailand said:

Just watched the first episode of the American version of "Accused"  excellent. Hope the others live up to it.

Thought the same, very good.  Ep 2, barely OK, hope 3 and beyond get better.

11 hours ago, Will27 said:
13 hours ago, oxo1947 said:

Sorry -- I guess its me, have downloaded from Pirates and 13x....no soft subs---did you get them from a a sub sight?

Who is your uploader from TPB?

Spud17 has soft coded subs.

Spot on @Will27That is the one I downloaded from Spud17.

• Like 1