What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2023)

CharlieH

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

In the preview it shows her driving up in an old beat up convertible, and when she gets out the door falls off, that was enough for me to say, give this a big miss.

Yea, I didn't make past the trailer either.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Informant: Fear and Faith in the Heartland

Thought this one was pretty good.

As homegrown extremist groups remain one of the greatest threats to the United States, George Stephanopoulos gives an exclusive look at the incredible true story of how an ordinary man from Kansas risked his and his family’s lives to stop a terror attack.

A question please for all of you movie buffs who are au fait (and then some) with the downloading process.......

I usually download my movies from 1337x.to but occasionally they don't have what I want, even in the archives, so I have to go to some others, and in a huge percentage of cases, they need you to download a VPN in order to access the movie.

I have found ways around it before, but it looks like they've been "closed", so here's the question: – "I have already got the Nord VPN installed on my other laptop and can transfer it to the one I use for the downloads, and I did do that, but how do I get it be recognised by the download site?"

Any tips or info would be most welcome.

2 hours ago, xylophone said:

A question please for all of you movie buffs who are au fait (and then some) with the downloading process.......

I usually download my movies from 1337x.to but occasionally they don't have what I want, even in the archives, so I have to go to some others, and in a huge percentage of cases, they need you to download a VPN in order to access the movie.

I have found ways around it before, but it looks like they've been "closed", so here's the question: – "I have already got the Nord VPN installed on my other laptop and can transfer it to the one I use for the downloads, and I did do that, but how do I get it be recognised by the download site?"

Any tips or info would be most welcome.

I'm not sure about a vpn being recognised by the website.

I use TPB, Lime and RGBG and have never needed a vpn.

Occasionally got asked on Lime with a pop up.

I just cancelled it and downloaded it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Will27 said:

Thanks Will, but tried to download the movie, "Millers Crossing" on both TPB and RGBG and it said I needed a VPN to do so and gave me 3 VPN options....will try Lime tomorrow. Ta. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xylophone said:

Thanks Will, but tried to download the movie, "Millers Crossing" on both TPB and RGBG and it said I needed a VPN to do so

I just downloaded 'Millers Crossing' on TPB no problems and I'm 100% sure if I tried on RARBG I'd get the same result. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Will27 said:

Whose your ISP?

I'm on 3BB.

You will probably get better information posting under the computer forum.

I'm with 3BB and it seems strange that IvorBiggun2 has been able to download it on TBP?? Will try a few more avenues, and thanks for your help.

• Like 1

Ghosts of Beirut is a four-part spy drama based on one of the greatest espionage stories of modern times: the manhunt for Imad Mughniyeh, the elusive Lebanese terrorist who outwitted his adversaries in the CIA and Mossad for over two decades. The limited series features an innovative narrative approach augmented by deep journalistic research and documentary elements. 

RAR

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Will27 said:

1337X asks occasionally for a VPN on certain movies.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2023 at 6:56 PM, Skallywag said:

Sisu is pretty amazing, filmed in northern Finland...the Laplands . One man, actor Jorma Tommila is like the John Wick of Finland in 1944, taking on the Nazis.  1337X 

I loved it + my TGF also liked it 'cos there was so little dialogue to understand.

43 minutes ago, mikebell said:

I loved it + my TGF also liked it 'cos there was so little dialogue to understand.

We watched it over two nights, I think far fetched gory comedy describes it ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Yes, entertaining enough, though I did fast forward through quite a bit of it, when by himself.  Some good chuckles along the way.

'To Catch a Killer' was also good time filler.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10275534/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_8_nm_0_q_to%20ca

Edited by KhunLA

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

Yes I watched it last week however re the dialogue - there were 2 bits of meaningful (or possibly meaningful) dialogue towards the end. The women in the tank when they reach some sort of checkpoint and when he finally takes the gold into some building. Both bits were in (presumably) Finnish and no subtitles on my stream......All the rest was in English.

Can anyone satisfy my curiosity as to what was being said?

50 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes I watched it last week however re the dialogue - there were 2 bits of meaningful (or possibly meaningful) dialogue towards the end. The women in the tank when they reach some sort of checkpoint and when he finally takes the gold into some building. Both bits were in (presumably) Finnish and no subtitles on my stream......All the rest was in English.

"I'd like to change (gold) to cash, easier to carry" ... or something like that.

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

"I'd like to change (gold) to cash, easier to carry" ... or something like that.

Thanks. There was me thinking maybe he was donating it to rebuild the burn out villages............:smile:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/18/2023 at 6:56 PM, Skallywag said:

Sisu is pretty amazing, filmed in northern Finland...the Laplands . One man, actor Jorma Tommila is like the John Wick of Finland in 1944, taking on the Nazis.  1337X 

I have just watch this and what started out to be relatively believable, then turned into something which was totally unbelievable and Tarantino-esque in nature, with a bit of Rambo and some other totally unbelievable movies thrown in, which IMO spoiled the movie, or at least what it could have been.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, topt said:

In the bank/building he asks for the gold to be changed into paper money, 'big bills' as 'they are lighter to carry than heavy metal.'  Can't remember the women bit.

If anyone is tempted to watch the Netflix with the lowest ever rating of any series, or film, Cleopatra, watch this first as it absolutely takes it to pieces and may save you the bother.

Edited by proton
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, proton said:

If anyone is tempted to watch the Netflix with the lowest ever rating of any series, or film, Cleopatra, watch this first as it absolutely takes it to pieces and may save you the bother.

The commentator gave away the fact that this video is a political ideological rant when the said "woke".

I downloaded John Wick 4, but couldn't follow it as I hadn't really closely followed the previous ones, and furthermore it became a stupid movie with lots of gunfire and swords, not to mention bows and arrows, with scores of people being killed, and again landed in the realms of the "stupid movies" IMO, so turned it off after about 15 minutes.

I then started to watch a movie I had recently downloaded called, "Margin Call" and that was more to my liking, even though it wasn't a patch on one of my favourites, "The Big Short", but it did pass the evening away.

Just a few days ago I decided to download the original "Mad Max" movie because I hadn't seen it, only the sequels, and I thought I was in for a treat, but it was a low-budget, badly acted pointless movie, IMO.

Gave John Wick 4 away after about 15 minutes, the wholesale slaughter is getting just plain boring. How it manages an 8.2 score on IMDB is beyond me.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, gargamon said:

You expected it to be different than the previous 3 iterations? That's like watching Fast X and saying you didn't like it because of all the fast cars. 

Maybe I'm just bored with the repetition, that's why the 15 minutes. If I was 15 and hooked on video games I'd probably love it.

Edited by giddyup
  • Thumbs Up 1

No Escape

Reinventing themselves on the other side of the world, 19-year-old Brits Kitty and Lana find refuge on a yacht in the Philippines called The Blue.

But in joining her crew, they fall into far greater dangers than the ones they were trying to escape.

• Thumbs Up 1