Bud with 50% THC

555 yes, the title is a lark but I'm seeing buds with ridiculous levels of THC claimed these days. I'd swear it goes up a few percent each week. I'm reading stories of German and US flower laced with drugs as well. Curious about opinions here on this forum.

Also, flipside anyone purchased nice looking buds only to find out it's CBD that couldn't otherwise be sold?

1 hour ago, Northstar1 said:

Highest I’ve seen in North America has been around 35 ish

thats strict government testing 

Hate to break it to you but one of the bigger complaints expressed by people in the weed business in NA is “lab shopping” which is where growers shop around for the labs that will report the highest THC levels.  

The only thing that is “strict” is the requirement to get the weed tested.  

• Like 2

In my home state in the U.S. everything must be tested, and they're not concerned with THC content per se. It's more about safety.

The highest I see I my "home" dispensary in the U.S. this morning is 29.7%.

Some people conflate total cannabanoids with THC.

A relatively small segment of the market buys solely on THC numbers.

There are "Moon Rocks" which are flower at their core, then drizzeled with extract oil, and rolled in kief. These are in the 50% THC range.
Likewise Live Resin is in this same 50% range.

Concentrates and Distillates go up into the high 80's/low 90's

THC content is more or less irrelevant, IMO, you just consume more or less to get your desired effects.

Which drugs are you reading about which are "laced" onto Cannabis? And are these drugs metabolized by smoking? This sounds a bit urban-legendy.

6 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

Also, flipside anyone purchased nice looking buds only to find out it's CBD that couldn't otherwise be sold?

Can you elaborate on this? This is here, in Thailand? These buds are marketed as something other than CBD? Why couldn't they be sold?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

Some people conflate total cannabanoids with THC.

THC content is more or less irrelevant, IMO, you just consume more or less to get your desired effects.

Which drugs are you reading about which are "laced" onto Cannabis? And are these drugs metabolized by smoking? This sounds a bit urban-legendy.

Can you elaborate on this? This is here, in Thailand? These buds are marketed as something other than CBD? Why couldn't they be sold?

I see a few posts stating just consume more but if you bought a gram at 800b and expected to consume 25% to get smoked but it takes 60% to produce the desired effect it's considerably more expensive.

Urban legends perhaps one video was Vice (Germany) could well have been acting. Another was US (Fentanyl) I didn't watch that one as I hear loads of drugs now contain the rubbish.

CBD: Yes, Thailand and want to stress no idea or evidence. I'm thinking maybe some nice CBD buds not moving so they sell it off / mix it with similar looking stuff. I think some hard realities gonna hit the retail industry here. Between sheer # of shops and competition, Thai crops coming into their own, not managing stock correctly, over estimate of numbers of Thais that will become regular smokers (few).

Edited by SuperSilverHaze

2 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

I see a few posts stating just consume more but if you bought a gram at 800b and expected to consume 25% to get smoked but it takes 60% to produce the desired effect it's considerably more expensive.

and for those that haven't experienced dabs....one dab would change their whole world and view on cannabis. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The 800b gram was simply an example ????. It could be 600 or 900. These sorts of prices are absolutely ridiculous. Having said that I understand the low end side well as I'd lived it in the 70s. The cream is usually way overpriced looks, tastes beautiful and you need far less for liftoff. While in 70s until skunk came along Thai stick was a gold standard. One thing I think the upper end offers is opportunity to smoke less which is better on lungs and doesn't produce a cloud of four air. We are far afield in this thread. Sorry there.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have seen that vice video about the weed in Germany,,,this been going on for years I’d say it’s probably true it was mainly the lemon haze but a lot of the weed in Europe does have a not natural taste to it

Edited by taninthai
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

I have seen that vice video about the weed in Germany,,,this been going on for years I’d say it’s probably true it was mainly the lemon haze but a lot of the weed in Europe does have a not natural taste to it

In the US Fentanyl is seemingly in everything and leading to ODs . It's so cheap it makes perfect sense to feed to the bums and proles. Tragic.

Note: USA flooded with Fentanyl, oxycontin nothing short of black death yet not one news story, death here in Thailand. Interesting... China.

But I digress

On 1/2/2023 at 7:19 AM, stoner said:

thc limits are around 35 %. people need to start focusing more on terpene content. 

This^ 

If a shop has 8 jars ranging from 18%-25% I do not pay attention to which is strongest.  They are all adequate. The 18 will take an extra few puffs to reach the level of the 25.

I strictly go for flavour.  I really enjoy wedding cake, cookies and cream, cherry blaster.  I like a sweet, fruity taste and smell. They all get me buzzed so I go for the best taste. 

For daytime smoke 50/50 tasty weed with brick weed is ok. 

Brick weed has its purpose, glad we have access to it legally. I've always got some on hand. Been smoking it for years.   But it is like drinking Lao Khaow when good beer is available. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 1 month later...

The only bigger lie than the name of the cultivar is the THC content. 
No 2 plants, parts of the same plant, or successive grows will test the same %

All labs (read the fine print) will have a huge swing in testing +/- 15% 

In the states, if you conform to periodic testing, you can use the lab test on the next 3-6 harvests (depending on state)

In my dispensary in Denver, we called people THC shoppers who were looking for high %

Fresh is best, regardless of THC. It’s the sum total of ALL the parts (organoleptic properties, terpenes, phenols, flavonoids). The question to ask when buying is, “what’s fresh?” 

With all that said, have people noticed most of the flower looks like <deleted>? All bud varieties looking exactly the same? -Brown!

Heat, humidity and light (UV) degrades flower really fast here in Thailand.

Edited by SamuiGrower
  • Thumbs Up 1