Shopee app - how to change language?

scubascuba3

It doesn't translate the complete page.  For example, the comments aren't translated and you can't translate them, on the app as the above poster suggested.  Right clicking only works on the website.  Shopee also doesn't allow you to use the website if you have the app on your phone.  The language issue also applies to Lazada.

For two days I have got the dreaded "Payment Failed" message.  Finally gave up and found all the items on Lazada (Lazada's website  sucks!!!) and ordered.  A Thai online experience that is half as good as Amazon would be wonderful but in the end Shopee ain't that bad.

Edited by atpeace

17 minutes ago, atpeace said:

Shopee also doesn't allow you to use the website if you have the app on your phone. 

If you have Android you can try the following - here with Android 11 and Lazada (same problem). 

Go in the settings to Apps - Choose Default Apps - Choose Opening Links then select there Lazada and then there under "Open supported links" choose "In other app"

SmartSelect_20230102-074202_Settings.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't do phone apps, but if on PC, just right click and 'translate to English'

I have English as language on site that give choice, sometimes doesn't work, and Chrome auto translate to English, which also doesn't work half the time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Don't do phone apps, but if on PC, just right click and 'translate to English'

I have English as language on site that give choice, sometimes doesn't work, and Chrome auto translate to English, which also doesn't work half the time

I gave up on the app and use a chrome based browser for shopee. Even set to English, you still need to do the addional translation described by KhunLA. Best solution so far.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You don't seem to be referring to the app, but on website mine was already set to English but still lots of Thai

I just can talk about Lazada. If you want to use the translation in the browser you have to start the website in Thai and not in English. And then use the translation feature that the browser provides - best to use Chrome for this purpose. 

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

If you have Android you can try the following - here with Android 11 and Lazada (same problem). 

Go in the settings to Apps - Choose Default Apps - Choose Opening Links then select there Lazada and then there under "Open supported links" choose "In other app"

Thanks - Shopee now opens in the phones browser.  This has been a headache for years and fixed in 30 seconds. Lazada asks for me to confirm identity but it is an endless loop of approval and asking me to confirm.  Lazada has a nice app but there website is a mess and is barely functional at times.  

Edited by atpeace