what to do against mosquitos

parafareno

8 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Seems particularly bad at the moment. I've gone into long sleeves, long trousers and socks. I sit very close to two fans both going at full speed, one at floor level and the other at head height. 

Really... must be about standing water where you are. Not so many about where I am and I put it down to cool nights and it being very dry. I also keep a fan blowing on me a lot in my living room. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Best way is live in a condo with few if any mosquitoes. If out nothing you can do except apply repellent, but most people don't bother, only an issue in a Dengue area

I have been told they can't fly more than 6 floors.

• Haha 1

When sitting outside I use a fan or mosquito coils, and if traveling I also use mosquito spray on my legs and neck. I use linen pants and shirth, and seems to help. 

What Materials Can Mosquitoes Not Bite Through? Mosquitoes can't bite through most fabrics, so if you are wearing loose cottons and linens (which can keep you cool on hot summer days) or most other material types, you will be protected from bites
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Drinking beer is supposed to attract more mosquitos.

There is anecdotal evidence that vitamin B deters them too. So maybe take vitamin pills or try Marmite.

But eat it. Don't spread it on your legs. That will just make your bedsheets messy. ????

Long sleeve shirts and trousers sprayed with, or rinsed in permethrin seems to be the way to go.

Will washing your clothes in Marmite work ? ????

• Haha 1

Just now, blackshadow said:

agree i live 16th floor....NEVER get mozzies.....!!!

Its more about the leads them away, than they can not fly up, and less food up there that attracts them than below ???? 

Also less water to breed on in the hight. 

8 hours ago, parafareno said:

how do you combat them?

Well most people go out and buy a repellant to apply, I prefer a spray on one rather than cream, I also spray around the house outside with an insecticide, kills everything mozys, ticks, red ants, even those tiny little annoying wasps.

IMG_1575.JPG.10f887f18de616aa6f9d57624cf25329.JPG

57 minutes ago, phetphet said:

Drinking beer is supposed to attract more mosquitos.

There is anecdotal evidence that vitamin B deters them too. So maybe take vitamin pills or try Marmite.

But eat it. Don't spread it on your legs. That will just make your bedsheets messy. ????

Long sleeve shirts and trousers sprayed with, or rinsed in permethrin seems to be the way to go.

do you use Marmite as a topical anti mozzies defense ?  coz the Soi dogs would really love you lol

1 minute ago, banglay said:

do you use Marmite as a topical anti mozzies defense ?  coz the Soi dogs would really love you lol

Well there you go, a two-for-one - avoid getting bit by mozzies and help in your fitness regime ????

Consult with local health authorities or doctor about the prevalence of mosquito diseases.

If it is serious situation then you may have to move. Once you catch dengue then second time can be much worse.

The simple answer is stay indoor and keep everything shut in the evening. Spray with deet or pyrethrin in your home.

10 minutes ago, Don Chance said:

It is serious situation then you may have to move. Once you catch dengue then second time can be much worse.

The simple answer is stay indoor and keep everything shut in the evening. Spray with deet or pyrethrin in your home.

Not really. The dengue mosquito flies during the day. But as you say - it's no fun. I contracted my first dengue infection here in Central Pattaya already. I should move to a dengue free country now or hope for the best...

Edited by Mickeymaus