what to do against mosquitos

parafareno

7 hours ago, brianthainess said:

I have been told they can't fly more than 6 floors.

i am on 7th so that is not true....and I have heard some old bag saying to the friend in jomtien / pratumnak walk beach road that shw was all bitten and she was on 20th floor...so she moved to 30th floor....real story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i am on 7th so that is not true....and I have heard some old bag saying to the friend in jomtien / pratumnak walk beach road that shw was all bitten and she was on 20th floor...so she moved to 30th floor....real story

Read that they become 'inactive' when temperature is lower than 18C. Doesn't seem to be the case either! 

26 minutes ago, nigelforbes said:

The manager had a little ladder installed, next to the buttons.

so the old bat from pratumnak escaped from 20 floor to 30th floor to get rid of mosquitos...so you think they need a password for 30th floor?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Elkski said:

Thanks guys.   I  will use some lotion.  I never see what bites me.  Could it also be fleas?

Do you live near the ocean and are there mangrove swamps nearby? if so, they could be sandflies. Those bites in the photo look like that.

• Thanks 1

There is actually some truth to it . Mosquitos are low altitude fliers. In open space , they will not go 10-15 floors up . However , you do not live in a tree , mosquitos can survive elevators and stairs are no issues also . This is still same lvl , might be 100 floors up , but for them , it is like flying on ground floor. They wont enter through the windows i you are high up , but they can go through hallways .

6 hours ago, bbi1 said:

"in the evening they bite my legs.....i use fan but still they bite me"

Wear long pants and don't open the windows at night. Problem solved.

You don't have insect screens on your windows?