6-year-old in custody after shooting teacher in Virginia, police chief says

Scott

10 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Ridiculous. 

Agree, and really way too young for anyone to be handle a firearm.  Don't think they possess the true maturity level or understanding just how deadly they are.  Desensitized by TV & vid games.

Short story ... friend's kid was at the house, maybe 15/16, father no interest in guns, so no exposure to.  Think I was shooting eggs in backyard, when he popped over.  Saw the gun case, and seemed to have an interest.

Ask if ever have, or if he wanted to test one, as he seem curious, without asking.  Test fired 38 revolver, and I don't think he'll ever touch or think about having a firearm since.   Spooked the hell out of him, and even told him it will be loud, and have a light kick to it.   Why I didn't use the 357, plus it was nice & clean.  Or the dinky 9mm, as has no real kick to it.  Proved just how powerful & deadly something so small is, and spooked him .... forever ????

I've always enjoyed firearms (non hunter).  Others don't even think about them, and others despise them, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Agree, and really way too young for anyone to be handle a firearm.  Don't think they possess the true maturity level or understanding just how deadly they are.  Desensitized by TV & vid games.

Short story ... friend's kid was at the house, maybe 15/16, father no interest in guns, so no exposure to.  Think I was shooting eggs in backyard, when he popped over.  Saw the gun case, and seemed to have an interest.

Ask if ever have, or if he wanted to test one, as he seem curious, without asking.  Test fired 38 revolver, and I don't think he'll ever touch or think about having a firearm since.   Spooked the hell out of him, and even told him it will be loud, and have a light kick to it.   Why I didn't use the 357, plus it was nice & clean.  Or the dinky 9mm, as has no real kick to it.  Proved just how powerful & deadly something so small is, and spooked him .... forever ????

I've always enjoyed firearms (non hunter).  Others don't even think about them, and others despise them, for whatever reason.

They have TV and vids games in all countries, this has little to do with that and all to do with the US and how it treats gun ownership as a sign of masculinity, virility and freedom.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Disagree with your assessment vdo and tv are to blame, American culture is to blame.

You did well with the boy imo, but beyond me why anyone would need several guns.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Disagree with your assessment vdo and tv are to blame, American culture is to blame.

You did well with the boy imo, but beyond me why anyone would need several guns.

Need ... no ... 1 should be enough, probably more than enough.  I never really needed one.

Want ... same as anyone else that collects things, whether; cars, books, coins, stamps, toy train, drones, barbie dolls, beanie babies, wives ... etc etc etc

Because they want to and can.

• Like 1

An off topic trolling post and the reply has been removed.

A post has been removed as the quoted content had been altered:

28. You will not make changes to messages quoted from other members posts, except for purposes of shortening the quoted post. Do not shorten any post in a way that alters the context of the original post. Do not change the formatting of the post you are quoting.

• Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Need ... no ... 1 should be enough, probably more than enough.  I never really needed one.

Want ... same as anyone else that collects things, whether; cars, books, coins, stamps, toy train, drones, barbie dolls, beanie babies, wives ... etc etc etc

Because they want to and can.

Sorry you don't see the difference between a toy and something designed to kill.

13 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Sorry you don't see the difference between a toy and something designed to kill.

I'd say cars & motorcycles kill more people than firearms ... should collecting, them be banned ?

A machine is only as deadly as the  operator.  If people really cared about 'lives' ... alcohol & tobacco would be banned.

Reality ... NOBODY CARES

Just now, KhunLA said:

I'd say cars & motorcycles kill more people than firearms ... should collecting, them be banned ?

A machine is only as deadly as the  operator.  If people really cared about 'lives' ... alcohol & tobacco would be banned.

Reality ... NOBODY CARES

Unfortunately your comparison is not applicable. A gun is designed to kill, a car to transport. 

But enough of this, as I said, glad you got tiboy of guns. So deep down you do care.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Unfortunately your comparison is not applicable. A gun is designed to kill, a car to transport. 

But enough of this, as I said, glad you got tiboy of guns. So deep down you do care.

Spooking him wasn't my intention.  Just letting him experience it, and if enjoyed and was interested, I teach how to own & shoot responsibly.  More than a few years from being able to own 1 anyway.  Use to be age 21 in PA, USA for handguns, and I doubt if that changed.

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

No you did not say that,it is a very old line that keeps being repeated.

Also it does not make any sense to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Reality ... NOBODY CARES

I don't drink.

I don't smoke.

I don't own a gun.

I do care about lives.

• Like 2

Imo it’s more about exposure to and the easy availability of firearms that’s the crux of the matter imo a 6 year old kid doesn’t truly understand the consequences of shooting someone and just to let everyone know the teachers condition is improving she was gut shot by this little monster ahhh……just beyond belief……..

• Like 1