Retirement Visa Query

23 hours ago, gargamon said:

You  need it to renew yur next 1 year extension, as I indicated. You might be able to get a hotel to provide the necessary documents, but I've never done that. Owning a condo would be another route.

the lease requirement may be a stumbling block for me. My intention is to stay in cheapish hotels on monthly rates when I'm in Thailand. I doubt they will provide a lease that immigration may need. 

33 minutes ago, Thaifly88 said:

the lease requirement may be a stumbling block for me. My intention is to stay in cheapish hotels on monthly rates when I'm in Thailand. I doubt they will provide a lease that immigration may need. 

There are foreigners who live in hotels here full time. Mainly for the daily service, and maybe help in an emergency. Check with your local immigration office what they would require from a hotel under these circumstances, and ensure your hotel can provide them.

This is not an insurmountable problem. It will just take a bit of work. I just rent a condo for a month or two and get the owner or agent to provide the docs.

Hello! Who got a first non-o 50+ year visa (90 days) in Pattaya (Jomtien) immigration office, can you tell me - do they require that funds (800k) should be transferred to a bank account in Thailand from abroad? So, if I replenished my account many years mostly with cash, can they reject the non-o visa? Do they require some documents from previous years for proof, if the last statement shows only the account balance without transactions?

On 1/10/2023 at 9:26 AM, Thaifly88 said:

ask ur hotel to provide a screen shot when they resister you,  I obtained a certificate with that in Phuket on a visa exempt entry

40 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

ask ur hotel to provide a screen shot when they resister you,  I obtained a certificate with that in Phuket on a visa exempt entry

Certificate? ....meaning residence certificate? 

He is asking about is a TM30 sufficient for annual extensions.

Some (most) immigration offices will accept a TM30.

Some may want to see a lease.