Bentley driver avoided roadside DUI test after complaining of chest pains - not enough puff!

webfact

10 hours ago, webfact said:

The wealthy tycoon who drove his 20 million baht+ Bentley into a

It could read.......... into a crowd of 10 million people and everyone turned into skeletons and I would fully expect a fine of 1 baht per person and a few wais and can we ask you some questions over breakfast?

Russia, Nigeria, China, and even falangville........................money TALKS, and BS walks.  well, in this case, money and BS is walking right out of here..... 

Full charges against reckless Bentley driver - Thai Examiner Bangkok police promise charges against a Bentley Continental driver who on Sunday night caused a smash-up on a city centre expressway.

This will include publishing the results of blood and drug tests taken after the incident on Wednesday although it was announced earlier that the results of a test conducted at Police General Hospital would not be on hand until February 1st.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2023/01/10/full-charges-against-reckless-bentley-driver-bangkok-police/

20 hours ago, aussienam said:

Seems Thai police have a different view to other countries on reasonable time for taking blood alcohol readings.  Two hours I believe is a standard.  Blood alcohol concentrations reduce by 0.015 per hour.  He had several hours to potentially drop from mid/low range to legal limit.  Very convenient delay for the very wealthy driver.  Hmm.  Me thinks maybe something going on.  

As you stated 2 hours would/ is the norm in Australian cities from time bib ask until punter is having a blood collection done.

I will say this bloke deserves some credit as he appears to have stayed around and not blamed the gardner.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, DjSilver said:

So this was a rich Thai in other words? If it had been a foreigner the Thai legal system wouldn't have needed any evidence, just another Thai to say what they think. Racist as ever.

But it wasn't a foreigner so it wasn't racist (wouldn't be anyway).

Instead of arguing his alleged intoxication, there's a very good chance that he was just another rubbish driver.

I saw some dashcam video on a local news clip yesterday. It was one spectacular wipe-out and it's amazing that nobody got killed.

Backlash surges online over ‘drunk’ millionaire’s car crash

The millionaire whose Bentley crashed into an SUV on an expressway may have been drunk at the time of the crash, according to a blood test administered several hours later, according to social media users who are accusing police of – once again – helping a millionaire avoid the consequences of illegal and socially destructive behaviour.
Police on Wednesday said the blood test conducted on businessman Suthat Siwapiromrat found a level of alcohol in his blood lower than the illegal amount. However, the test was conducted more than three hours after the crash, which occurred at 12.30am.

Blood alcohol levels can fall swiftly .

https://www.nationthailand.com/thailand/general/40023905

• Like 1