Savankhet nono visa

4 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Thanks! Just to be clear, I'll be extending my Non-O 90 day visa that I got in Laos, this will be my first 12 month extension. Do you know what documents I need to bring with me?

I enquired only last week, at an IO linked to Ubon and despite me doing my last 12years B visa extensions there, they insisted on seeing 12 months' income from abroad, to get a retirement visa on that basis.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

If you are intending to extend based on retirement using income, it may not be possible without a letter from your embassy. What is your nationality? Some nationalities cannot get income letters from their embassies, and many immigration offices will only allow the alternative of transfers to a Thai bank account if you have those for every month for the last 12 months. You may need to discuss this with your local immigration office.

Finances are not an issue, that's all sorted. Extension based on marriage, not retirement. Sorry, I should have mentioned that!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/31/2023 at 11:53 AM, Brickleberry said:

I'm wondering, when is the latest i can do a 12 month extension on my non-O visa, is it 30 days or 14 days prior to it ending? What do I need to bring to the immigration office in Ubon, using the income method? Thank you.

Up to 45 days in advance or on the last day of your current permit of stay.

On 7/31/2023 at 3:28 PM, Brickleberry said:

Thanks! Just to be clear, I'll be extending my Non-O 90 day visa that I got in Laos, this will be my first 12 month extension. Do you know what documents I need to bring with me?

To be clear, a visa cannot be extended, you'll be applying to extend your original 90-day period of stay from entry of the Non O visa.
That visa was 'used' the day you entered Thailand.

On 8/1/2023 at 1:31 AM, Brickleberry said:

Finances are not an issue, that's all sorted. Extension based on marriage, not retirement. Sorry, I should have mentioned that!

Applying based on Thai spouse, using the income method, you require evidence of 12 overseas transfers of 40K THB to your Thai bank account, alternatively 400K THB deposited in your Thai bank account for 2 months prior to the date of application.

• Like 1