Agent recommendatons for Thai driving licence

bbi1

18 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

IDP is of no relevance anyway (when converting a UK licence)... the DLT accept a UK driving licence and will transfer whatever endorsements there are (i.e. car / motorcycle) and clearly don’t pay much attention... they see the silhouette of a motorcycle on the endorsements side (as posted above) and thats enough....  Its a mistake on their (DLT’s) part, but I’m not complaining. 

Yeah, that's what i did with my UK license, basically just winged it, don't have a big bike license in uk but pointed to the silhouette you mention.

This is in rural Thailand where they're unfamiliar with foreign licenses, plus like you say i don't think they really cared.

10 hours ago, norbra said:

I have a problem with the 2 stick test first 3 attempts I failed, I let the next person try their luck ,I timed their test , 32seconds, tried again let it run for 30 seconds success,got my 5 year licence at BangKuntian. My Thai license expired while I was away. Now I need an agent who will get me over this hurdle.

Pretty sure I spotted a small light that came on when the sticks were aligned......

20 hours ago, tingtongfarang said:

Took a friend to get his thai licence in bkk, he had an international from the uk, when i seen a lady at one counter talking to him i thought maybe he had forgotten something, when i asked he said she asked why he did,nt get his motorcycle licence also, he came away with a thai car and motorcycle licence and told me he had never ridden anything with two wheels apart from a bicycle before,

it seems they seen the small picture of a moped on his uk licence saying he would be allowed to ride a moped with 50cc  and assumed it meant motorcycle.

Slimier in uk to my mate 40 + years ago.

His sent his paper work in for a full motor cycle license,  he just passed his test and got a full bike and car license back !!!!!!! never driven a car in his life. :cheesy:

hi how many days wait is it now after booking appointment for driving licence renewal or can i just turn up  (Pattaya)...it...ran out during covid..it will be  1 year 11 months over.due  i was told ok for 2 years expired due to covid ... will i have to do full test again (motorbike )and how do i book appointment   thanks