Health Authorities Monitor Covid Spread After Influx of International Tourists

snoop1130

2113a016b6cb3ac23f1b2d26a7f1e180_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - Health officials in Thailand have stepped up measures to monitor COVID-19 spread, as the country welcomes more visitors from around the world.

The National Communicable Diseases Committee today endorsed the latest set of public health measures to monitor and control the spread of COVID-19. Precautionary measures will be taken to control potential import cases and new variants, including rapid or PCR testing upon arrival for travelers exhibiting respiratory symptoms, and genomic sequencing of wastewater samples from aircraft.

Travelers who are returning to countries that require a negative COVID-19 test, namely China and India, are now required to hold travel insurance valid for COVID-19 treatment for their entire stay in Thailand, plus 7 days beyond their intended stay.

Travelers visiting Thailand for work and education purposes such as officials on a mission, airline crew, and students may opt to show school or employment certificates instead of insurance papers. Travelers who do not have the appropriate health insurance will need to buy one before being permitted to enter the country.

The committee has approved the establishment of a COVID-19 subcommittee that focuses on international arrivals, in order to ensure effective management and seamless cooperation.

Health officials have also allowed health facilities to offer government-procured COVID-19 vaccines to interested tourists at an appropriate fee, while prioritizing the vaccine inventory for Thai nationals.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Public Health Anutin Charnvirakul said the COVID-19 situation in Thailand has seen a lower number of severe cases and deaths.

The minister said the general public, particularly the elderly and those with underlying health conditions, should keep up to date with their vaccination schedule for optimal protection against severe illness and deaths from COVID-19.

The current official guideline for COVID-19 vaccination in Thailand is for each person to receive at least 4 doses of the vaccine, with boosters given every 4 months.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230113101107613

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-01-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

I arrived from Australia last night and found swampy deserted and surprisingly all the immigration booths were maned 555. I didn’t even have to queue up as I was first off the plane. So what time do flight from China land? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, internationalism said:

there is no any influx post-opening china. 

There were large numbers of Chinese at Suvannakhet Thai Consulate on Wednesday  11th January. 80% of the large queue were Chinese (mandarin speakers) and of that number 90% were male. To be honest they didn't all look like genuine tourists, some savoury types there....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

I arrived from Australia last night and found swampy deserted and surprisingly all the immigration booths were maned 555. I didn’t even have to queue up as I was first off the plane. So what time do flight from China land? 

Most of them dont have passports yet.  Their passport offices were closed for nearly three years.  

Sure, there was pent up demand, but that's it.  

Thailand shot itself in the foot putting in those new rules about proving you have a vaccine before entering.  IT sends shockwaves and people will always consider that they will change rules suddenly.  For me, my question is when will they insist on a PCR test upon arrival.  I could easily have covid when I arrive and have no symptoms.  The new variant is a joke unless you're very old.  

So all these people have cancelled when they announced the rules and now look at it.  

This new variant - we are all going to be exposed and probably get it.  IT is certainly getting endemic and there is no way around it.  

• Like 1