Bentley case gets murkier with methamphetamine detected in owner’s bloodstream but not drunk

webfact

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He didn’t kill anyone... so no need too...    He’ll just pay whatever arbitrary fine they throw at him... 

That's right, I agree, that's how the law works...commit offences, go to court, be found guilty, get fines for those offences, but the fines are not arbitrary, they are set out in the statutes.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:
22 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What more than that could he do for those involved and why so much continued condemnation of him by Thaivisa ranters?

Surely you don’t think his actions are not worthy of condemnation ??

Of course, not, and I didn't say that, I said "continued condemnation", i.e. condemnation ad nauseum. 

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Such nonsense.  What if the multi-millionaire been driving one of his company's pickups in the same accident, you'd be happy with a "proportional fine" then?

That's why I said multiplied by his ego.. :whistling: ???? Definitely much better than the wrist-slapping amounts they are fining now.

• Thumbs Up 1

He sounds quite wealthy. Which means there may be minor fines, but never any jail time, or even a suspended license. Let's face it. The courts are corrupt beyond belief, and both the law and the crooked cops, always favor the rich here. 

Rich enough, and you are essentially above the law. The laws were only intended to be enforced against us common men. 

He obviously had something going on. The air bag does not operate until there is sufficient impact detected so when he says he was unable to give a blood test I could go for that. Air bags come with a really force. However, how come he didnt see the vehicle he crashed into? 

17 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, you think that you do, there's a difference

of course there's a difference! you don't expect me  to think like you, do you! in fact, your opinion doesn't interest me...in my job, i deal with this kind of negativity, so i know your kind. now i've wasted enough time...this is to say, i'll just ignore you next time. bye!

• Haha 1

On 1/14/2023 at 4:12 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

He has been booked but now you want the laws that specify the fines applicable ignored just for his case?   Or are you suggesting that there should be no limit on the size of fines for everyone and every offence?

No Sir, that is not what I meant. In certain central European countries the court has the possibility to hand down fines according to income and wealth. 

A parking or speeding ticket goes according to tariff; continuous disregard to parking rules gets passed on to the court (I do not know, how many times you have to park wrong at the very same spot until that happens); so do driving "irregularities due to alcohol or substances. 

I recall reading an article about a filthy rich banker who used to get chauffeur-driven straight to the doorsteps of the bank which he served as a board member. The access was through a walking zone, i.e. except utility vehicles (ambulance, garbage, cleaning etc.) all other vehicles were banned to drive there. He could not care less and collected a daily fine of the equivalent of USD 40. Upon the 14th ticket, the police station in charge passed on the entire file to the court. There was an official hearing and the gentleman at fault was fined USD 288'000 - in accordance with his salary and wealth.

Question is two-fold:
did he ever consider driving there ever since?
did anyone else ever consider breaking the law, pay the petty fine of USD 40 - or abide by the law?

Your call!