14 Billionaires who dont drive what you might expect.

Drove for a Reserve Navy Captain and unless he was looking to impress when he arrrived we travelled in the military Chev that he was provided.  If not Audi loaded to the nuts.

Also knew a guy that had a 7 car garage and his car to drive was a chev 4 door.

These people attract enough attention just by being them that when they go out the least flash or attention they can create the better.

Most of them want to keep something that grounds them back to their roots and they want to be seen as normal people.

Flashy cars are already a target for car thieves and imagine seeing Bezo's drive up in a loaded Benz that makes it even more of a target.

4 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

Drove for a Reserve Navy Captain and unless he was looking to impress when he arrrived we travelled in the military Chev that he was provided.  If not Audi loaded to the nuts.

Also knew a guy that had a 7 car garage and his car to drive was a chev 4 door.

These people attract enough attention just by being them that when they go out the least flash or attention they can create the better.

Most of them want to keep something that grounds them back to their roots and they want to be seen as normal people.

Flashy cars are already a target for car thieves and imagine seeing Bezo's drive up in a loaded Benz that makes it even more of a target.

I had 2 old friends who were millionaires, one worth tens of millions, one of them drove a beat-up old Honda, and the other a VW Golf, they weren't "car men". If it weren't a necessity they probably wouldn't have owned a car at all.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2023 at 9:36 PM, Rimmer said:

Good for them, I hate flashy expensive attention getting cars

Me too.  I drive a 25 year old Toyota Tacoma pickup truck.  I use it to haul money to my bank.  I don't want attention.

I had a 1964 VW bug that got me attention when something blew inside the engine.  I had to add about 3 quarts of oil to limp home.  It was spewing oil all over the engine and out the vents in back, creating a pretty good cloud of smoke.  People were pointing at it as I drove by.