US man meets top lawyer after 13 MB Porsche from luxury showroom proves to be a dud

webfact

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Just because the man is a "Tick Tok Star" does not mean that he is not entitled to justice when being sold a bad second -hand car.  If the dealer managed to unload a 'dog' onto the unfortunate man, the dealer should make some recompense.I was always told that Porsche do not break down.                                     

never, in 12 years in my experience. (bought from an authorized Porsche dealer)

Things like this are common all over Not just Thailand.  You purchase a vehicle.  Then you have issues with it you have to sometimes go in circles to get it resolved. As  for the alleged misinformation about the vehicle.  Could happen anywhere not just Thailand.

I knew a guy in the states that purchased a used Jeep from a large dealership.  It looked great and had only 35000 miles one owner on it for its age. 
Problem was as he was driving it all different things started to go wrong. In a short period of time.  He got an attorney he knew.  The attorney found out the vehicle had 85000 miles when it was sold.  And three different owners in its lifetime 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

With this much money, there's only one who has been conned. Why would anyone that rich want to live with a girl in Pattaya beats me. 

my guess and this is an OLD one : what's the difference between a hedgehog and a porche ?

Hedgehogs have pricks on the outside. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

With this much money, there's only one who has been conned. Why would anyone that rich want to live with a girl in Pattaya beats me. 

Does it say it was all his money?

Not much point owning a car like this in Bangkok either......

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's his issue (apart from a pedantic "is it '20 or '21")  when he can get it fixed under the Porsche warranty?  I doubt that any dealer offers a money-back guarantee for used cars.

Louie Dewey you are always on top happening again you miss the boat again!

You OK? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

It was agreed that the showroom would buy back the car at 12.2 million baht but on the day of payment they allegedly reneged on that offering Kyle only 1.5 million baht saying they had to pay tax of 9 million baht on the deal.

Sounds very Thai...

hope the courts get this one straightened out in favour of the consumer..

If the garage wins this one you know something is very wrong with the system.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What's his issue (apart from a pedantic "is it '20 or '21")  when he can get it fixed under the Porsche warranty?  I doubt that any dealer offers a money-back guarantee for used cars.

Louie Dewey you are always on top happening again you miss the boat again!

You OK? 

1 hour ago, wombat said:

13 million for a clapped out VW motor.
Good business if you can get away with it.
Lawyers up it like a rat up a drain pipe...a % of the payment is his when he wins.

You do understand that VAG (Volkswagen) owns both Bentley and Bugatti (look up Bugatti Chiron !). Are they too "clapped out VWs?"

why on earth would you even consider buying a used car, especially here in Thailand. There's usually no warranty involved and you're only buying someone else's troubles. Remember the old saying "buyer beware"

Edited by TigerandDog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

There are plenty posts from Tic Tok everyday on here and I don't like them....

regards Worgeordie

The ones with the girls in micro bikinis are ok, but they don't get on here, it's usually somebody bigging up Pattaya!

• Thumbs Up 1