US man meets top lawyer after 13 MB Porsche from luxury showroom proves to be a dud

webfact

Just now, Gknrd said:

Haven't said anything worth responding to. You don't have a clue or just drive to the restaurant to impress people. You just don't know what you are talking about.. I don't know what to say.. Anyone that has driven Thailand much knows how worthless these kind of cars are.. 

Show me a major highway between any city on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

Show many any paved road provincial road on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

IF you can’t do that, then you’re just a fool with a flawed opinion...  

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Show me a major highway between any city on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

Show many any paved road provincial road on which a Porsche 911 is unable to comfortably drive...  

IF you can’t do that, then you’re just a fool with a flawed opinion...  

I just drove from BKK to Nong Khai. The so called improvements they make every year is going on.  It would have been a nightmare in a car like that. Not to mention the left side of the road is almost underivable because of the heavy trucks they let tear up the roads there. Even with a high clearance vehicle it is a total mess. 

After you get off the main highways the road quality drops by a factor of 10 IMO..  

If you want to drive in BKK or a few other places the roads or ok.  I just don't believe you, sorry dude.  

After reading your posts I just kinda laugh...

Even the taxi's have to be careful driving those highways and other low clearance vehicles.

But, Thailand is way ahead of Laos and a few others. In Laos you would not las 10 minutes..  If you do much travel around Asia you need a good vehicle..

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I just drove from BKK to Nong Khai. The so called improvements they make every year is going on.  It would have been a nightmare in a car like that. Not to mention the left side of the road is almost underivable because of the heavy trucks they let tear up the roads there. Even with a high clearance vehicle it is a total mess. 

After you get off the main highways the road quality drops by a factor of 10 IMO..  

If you want to drive in BKK or a few other places the roads or ok.  I just don't believe you, sorry dude.  

After reading your posts I just kinda laugh...

Even the taxi's have to be careful driving those highways and other low clearance vehicles.

But, Thailand is way ahead of Laos and a few others. In Laos you would not las 10 minutes..  If you do much travel around Asia you need a good vehicle..

So you are choosing the ‘road works’ as the issue...     hmm...  All of Thailand is undergoing road works all of the time ?... hmm... 

I get your point about the left land getting bumpy due to trucks... its the same on the road south from Hua Hin - that doesn’t make it unnavigable and its just as bouncy and uncomfortable in an SUV...  we just have to stick to the outside (right most) lane. 

The Bangkok to Khon Kaen part of the road you mention (BKK to NK) is a very good driving road, particularly through the hills entering up to the Khorat Plateau...  perfect for a Porsche (if the roads are not crowded).... 

None of it is a show stopper in a Porsche...  And if as you mention some of the roads off the main highway become extremely poor, so poor for a conventional sedan (i.e. a taxi) then no car is going to easily pass that road.... Roads of that poor quality are very few and far between...  I’ve driven off the beaten path and never had an issue with the roads other than at those times when the road is so remote it becomes a dirt path (then an 4WD SUV is necessary).

The photos below are google maps images of the roads in to Udon and into Nong Khai... No issues there... 

And below that is a great driving road in Naan province...  some of the roads are so good the attract motorcyclist and sports car drivers purely because the are so enjoyable to ride / drive - personally, I’d rather ride them, but a Porsche through some of those roads would be awesome.... 

I’m not going to pretend that this guy was going to drive his car up to Naan Province, but there are not many roads at all (none that I know of) where the Porsche is unable to travel...   perhaps flooding in Pattaya is the only issue in which case anyone with a sedan will suffer.1490196394_Screenshot2023-01-20at16_59_29.thumb.png.dfd55d1f9847f43927711a76b3d67e35.png

Now... Can you point to me on Google Maps where these extremely poor unnavigable roads are....  (just incase I win the lottery and decide to get a Porsche I’d need to know where to avoid !!!).... 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17.00.03.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17.12.41.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17.12.52.png

Screenshot 2023-01-20 at 17.13.23.png

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dcalaska said:

I do not feel sorry one bit for this guy. Anyone stupid enough to pay 13 million for a car deserves whatever comes to him. A Toyota Camery cost way less and will run forever.

Where in Thailand can one use a HP car anyway. 

You think someone who has spent some money deserves to be cheated, just because you don’t understand why they’d spend that amount ?

Do you deserve to get cheated when spending money on something you like ?....

Perhaps others call you stupid just because they don’t understand why you’d spend that sort of money on something... it could be a holiday, a house etc...   Would they be right to call you stupid without knowing anything about you other than you ‘bought something’ ????

Might they themselves actually be stupid for passing such judgement on you based on one piece of information ?

I know a couple of Thai guys who own very fast cars... Porches, Lambo’s...   They are not stupid people, they work hard, are successful and smart....  

So, do you think this guy is stupid just because he’s a foreigner spending that amount of money here?

I’m curious...  People calling this guy stupid based on a single piece of information - I’m interested to see what drives people to these conclusions... Its jealousy of course... Jealousy of the money these people have...  its somewhat of a juvenile mindset and they just don’t see it themselves.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Same here... but usually this type of car is not a primary vehicle....  

Many are evaluating the practicality of such a car (Porsche 911) as if it were the only car then projecting their own needs and usage...

Yes, fair point. A Ford Ranger Raptor for the workhorse and daily use, and an Aston Martin for those fun days driving on those rare smooth roads around Pattaya.... not sure it would clear the slight ramp up to my car port from the street. My neighbour once had a Maserati as his plaything... but in reality never used it. (having another vehicle). and one day it got swapped for a pick-up for him, and SUV for her. 

• 1 year later...

Anyone else curious whether he got his money back, given the thread was started over a year ago?  And ressurected by someone's first post that was taken down as defamatory?

• Like 1