US man meets top lawyer after 13 MB Porsche from luxury showroom proves to be a dud

webfact

3 hours ago, offset said:

It can be a normal practice in Thailand if you buy a car late December it may not be registered till late Jan or if you want a special number can be as late as Feb or March

Well, that's usually the case for normal drivers. But a lot of hiso wannabes delay the registration for years, they just love those red plates too much ????

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Just because the man is a "Tick Tok Star" does not mean that he is not entitled to justice when being sold a bad second -hand car.  If the dealer managed to unload a 'dog' onto the unfortunate man, the dealer should make some recompense.

I was always told that Porsches do not break down.

Maybe the dealer is an Instagram star and he needed a new story or whatever those thing are called on that platform. 

A million hits under the topic: I scammed that stupid TikTok guy. ???? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

With this much money, there's only one who has been conned. Why would anyone that rich want to live with a girl in Pattaya beats me. 

Did you just call,  all ladies in Pattaya, prostitutes.

Shame on you. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Robin said:

Just because the man is a "Tick Tok Star" does not mean that he is not entitled to justice when being sold a bad second -hand car.

Ha!  There's no such thing as a 39 year old Tik Tok star!  By the time someone hits their late-20s, they're considered ancient.

Only way he might have an audience is if he films bargirls dancing in thong underwear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lujanit said:

Depends if the warranty was extended by the dealer which I doubt.  Porsche offer up to 36 months warranty.

https://www.porsche.com/international/accessoriesandservice/porscheservice/vehicleinformation/approvedwarranty/

I guess that this factory warranty is void, if the car is imported as spare parts and re-assembled in Thailand.

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

What is a Tik Tok star, i mostly see nothing but clowns on Tik Tok!

Someone who buys a 13,000,000 car and might have 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 in future earnings.

call me Tik Tok……….if it means big money!

all about the cash……..titles and names doesn’t pay the bills……tik tok big ,

money?

like money?

7 minutes ago, Xonax said:

As such, where does he pay his income-taxes?

US taxes on worldwide income (i.e. including foreign)... regardless of being a US resident or not, he must file annually and he must report all include and it is taxable.  Most banks now require US citizens to give them their SSN and report that back to the US (FATCA).  Thailand is one of the countries that has an agreement with the US.  (most countries you don't get taxed if you are a non-resident citizen)

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mywayboy said:

My daughter ordered a Kia new SUV 2021 ,but because of covid delivery problems it was not delivered until early 2022 .

COMMON PRACTICE REGISTERD UPON PICKUP.

I think they may be referring to the manufacture year rather than the Registered year or Model Year.

i.e. It seems the US guy believed he was paying for a vehicle manufactured in 2021, but in fact it was manufactured in 2020...  (and possibly a year older than he was led to believe).