Exemption stamp wrong on arrival 18/01 2023

2 minutes ago, treetops said:

That's 45 days which is correct if arriving with a Visa Exemption.  What date did you expect to get stamped in until and why?

I expected to get stamped in today the 18. not the 17. and until the 4. march

I just saw it now when at hotel. No worries, but I might had booked a ticket flying out in the morning of 05. March, but tickets was a bit more expensive and longer transit, so I choosed the 02. March instead. 

5th March would have given you an overstay, even if you went past immigration before midnight.  Arriving today, the 18th you should be stamped in until the 3rd March.

Jan - 14 days

Feb - 28 days

Mar - 4 or 5 days

Total - 46 or 47 days.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

18th is day 1. 

45 day count should be March 3. 

Im still stamped in the 17. When arrived today, And allowed until the 3. March. 

They counted 43 days to my return flight at check in when they asked for my return. Anyway, Im good no matter how we go around this. 

Edited by Hummin

1 hour ago, Alidiver said:

You are not listening.

Thailand count arrival and departure days inclusive in you stay.

Its okay, she stamp wrong arrival date, I lost one day, but it doesnt matter since my return is 2. March, me and Viet Jet check in counted wrong. Okay ????

2 hours ago, Alidiver said:

You are not listening.

Thailand count arrival and departure days inclusive in you stay.

Correct 99% of the world count arrival day first day you entered there Country ! day of departure is on entry valid too whatever date stamped in your passport is last day you must leave or pay daily fee at immigration airport if over stay a day or 2 . Mistakenly? Been there done that , it happens. 

Edited by Mad mick

hmmm..... check your dates indeed. In a normal situation you would expect to be able to rely on the dates stamped in your passport. However such is the arrogance of Thai immigration they deem  incorrect date stamps to not prevail and they will fine you for any overstay. This has happened to me and brings up issues of staff incompetence ( probably not an issue in Thailand?) and money-making at every step in their immigration processes whether rules are followed or not. Remember Mr/Mrs/Miss Tourist a.k.a "the alien" , its not you the Thais want , but your money

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, Hummin said:

Check your stamps on arrival, I got wrong date on arrival today.

Stamp shows 17 january and valid to 03 march! 

Lucky me, my return is 02 march! 

Very strange, indeed.

The tip: After getting passport and and shuffling from the booth, take a look inside the passport and check and confirm the correct entry/admitted until dates in the entry stamp. Best time for correction of any mistake is right then.

Edited by rwilem
Spell

On 1/19/2023 at 12:18 AM, Hummin said:

I expected to get stamped in today the 18. not the 17. and until the 4. march

I just saw it now when at hotel. No worries, but I might had booked a ticket flying out in the morning of 05. March, but tickets was a bit more expensive and longer transit, so I choosed the 02. March instead. 

18th Jan to the 4th March would also be incorrect. Your calculation works out to 45 nights / 46 days. That would be a 1 day overstay, which in the past they have overlooked for me.

Technically, you are allowed 44 nights / 45 days (currently) or when it reverts back to 30 day, it will be 29 nights/30 days inclusive.

• Thumbs Up 1