Tips on dealing with the regional SSA office in Manila

JTXR

On 6/28/2023 at 9:38 PM, Yellowtail said:

I retired while living in Thailand and had no issue getting my SS.

FBU Manila seems competent enough to handle the plain vanilla retirement benefit application.  However, any time an application requires more complex processing they seem to veer into the ditch and seldom regain control and return to the correct path by themselves.

SSA overall has batted .000 on both my wife's and my original applications.  Now we both have to hope that our applications to switch benefits don't meet a similar fate.  FBU Manila should be up to our upcoming applications because they are both plain vanilla.

Edited by gamb00ler

• 1 month later...

Just as information, I accessed the Manila FBU website and used the Inquiry Form to make an address change.  From the dropdown menu on top I selected change of address and once I entered my name and birthdate and last four digits of SS my old address information was already preloaded when the mouse hovered over it.  I entered my new address in the additional information box.  After completion and submitting a notice showed to allow 15 days for response.  And today, just two days later, I got an email that my records had been updated with the new address.  I was pleasantly surprised.  Quite easy to do.      

28 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, not sure what the complaints are about

I gave plenty of details in my posts about issues with Manila..... and you're still not sure... hmmmm.

Would you like to read all the emails between Manila and I?

Edited by gamb00ler

2 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

I gave plenty of details in my posts about issues with Manila..... and you're still not sure... hmmmm.

Would you like to read all the emails between Manila and I?

Sure, scan them and post them up, I'll have a look. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Sure, scan them and post them up, I'll have a look. 

Apparently you've never heard of rhetorical questions.

I seriously doubt that another opportunity to understand why others have issues with Manila will change your views and prompt you to make a useful contribution.

Edited by gamb00ler