Tax refund from a fixed deposit

Hello, 

is it still possible to be refund from a fixed deposit ( I had 46000 bahts after three years of my 800000 baths deposit in a fixed account with SCB, the bank gave me 40000 bahts and the remaining 6000 bahts  , I had to get them from the taxe office 

I did the process to have them and I received a letter from the tax office, in Thai, and they ask documents that I don't have (except  the passport ), they seem to be for people who pay taxes in Thailand , which is not my case

Three years ago, I just said that I don't work  in Thailand and that I pay my taxes in my country 

What to do, send them copy of my passport and proof that I pay taxes in my country ? 

Thank you 

6 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

Sorry to go off topic, was fixed deposit accepted by Immigration for your visa?

You are 40K better off than most of us.

I've used 12-month fixed deposit for almost 15 years now, the first few years even a fund book was accepted...????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Henricus said:

yes no problem for me

Thanks for this, was that at Jomtien IO (you're location is listed as Pattaya) only I'm planning on using my Bangkok Bank FD account for my next extension there.  

Back to the subject of Tax Refunds, I'm hoping to do mine on the website (have registered at https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-efiling-web/register) but if I have to go into the Tax Office to process the refund, will I need a Residency Certificate again (I needed one when I applied for my Tax Identification Number). 

9 hours ago, skatewash said:

... I think you will probably find that you can simply upload the copy of your Tax Withholding Certificate to your already filed PND-90 (if you did that online, rather than on paper).

I gave this paper to the office in my ampoe , so do I need a new one from the bank ( I have no copy )  and send them by mail ?

I did nothing online 

4 hours ago, Aforek said:

I gave this paper to the office in my ampoe , so do I need a new one from the bank ( I have no copy )  and send them by mail ?

I did nothing online 

Yes, I believe you can get your bank to issue another tax withholding certificate by asking them for another one.  It might be best to visit the revenue department in person.  Take a look at your notice with Google Lens Translate (from Thai to English) to understand what exactly the issue is.  I suppose it could be sent by mail but I would be inclined to visit the revenue department in person.  Once you have this year's refund you might want to look at doing it online next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

Thanks for this, was that at Jomtien IO (you're location is listed as Pattaya) only I'm planning on using my Bangkok Bank FD account for my next extension there.  

Back to the subject of Tax Refunds, I'm hoping to do mine on the website (have registered at https://efiling.rd.go.th/rd-efiling-web/register) but if I have to go into the Tax Office to process the refund, will I need a Residency Certificate again (I needed one when I applied for my Tax Identification Number). 

No, a Residence Certificate may have been needed to obtain your Thai Tax ID, but once that is obtained they will not require one to file your tax return. 

My experience at the Revenue Department was very positive.  They even filled in my tax return (PND-90) the first time and filed it for me.  I got a copy and the next year was able to do it myself as you just plug in the new tax withholding numbers.  I find doing it online to be pretty easy, but I use Google Chrome on my computer (which is capable of Thai to English machine translation).  In some cases that works, in other cases I have to turn the automatic translation off and use the Google Lens app on my phone to translate the screen from Thai to English.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1