Thailand offers 5 year-visas to HK influencers to promote tourism

webfact

How about a hassle free 5 year digital nomad visa, for the sake of injecting money into local economy too. 10% flat tax and a review after 5 years to see if you not live in a bamboo hut to decide the right on extension.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Yim and Yam, both 67, are avid travellers who love to visit Thailand, while 50-year-old Wu has lived in Thailand for many years and also works as a travel programme host and travel columnist for publications in Hong Kong. Wu’s “roger wu” YouTube channel boasts more than 195,000 followers.

Good for TAT!

Getting heaps of free publicity in exchange for a visa that costs them nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I can imagine every 3 months that have to visit CW immigration to show proof of their YouTube videos, Instagram and TikTok posts to a moody immigration officer who doesn't know what they are.

And the only proof accepted will be signed photocopied scans of social media posts. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Good for TAT!

Getting heaps of free publicity in exchange for a visa that costs them nothing.

Smart move. However if the other countries start doing the same eventually the influencers will start negating each other????

20 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Smart move. However if the other countries start doing the same eventually the influencers will start negating each other????

Yes I would like to think there is some sort of limit to the amount of "influence" which can be absorbed by the smartphone zombies.......but we obviously are nowhere near the limit yet.....

Funny thing being its illegal to be an influencer (youtuber etc) without a work permit and the elite visa cannot support a work permit.. 

Its like they have absolutely zero clue what the actual laws are and what other departments demand or need to maintain legality.. 

On 1/22/2023 at 11:56 PM, Gold Star said:

What about something to thank the thousands of expats with strong ties to Thailand, or living here that have stuck it out through the tough times of the pandemic? We have transferred our funds during hard times, and injected money in the local  economy to support families, friends, and other less well off Thai people stranded in the devastated economies, ignored and left to fend for themselves.

Those in power have shiny ball syndrome, thinking China is the future, while ignoring core support.  I for one feel snubbed. 

Throw us dogs a bone here...

Everything you posted is 100% true. But as my Thai wife often reminds me whenever I bring up this topic, the Thai officials doesn't care about falangs in LOS and do their best to ignore or even pretend they don't even exist. As she puts it, why do you think the 90-day reporting will never be removed, why foreigners can't own land etc. etc. She sarcastically says they love the fact that their hands are free from taking care and supporting thousands of Thai families. 

• Like 2