Giant Iceberg the size of Greater London has broken away from the Brunt Ice Shelf in Antarctica.

Social Media

33 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Ants acts simular 

That's why GOD gave us feet, and ability to make transport machines.  So once done destroying one ares, we can move to the next, while polluting air & water on the way ... ????

And people worry about ice melting ... ???? 

As long as it's not in my beer ... ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

That's why GOD gave us feet, and ability to make transport machines.  So once done destroying one are, we can move to the next, while polluting air & water on the way ... ????

And people worry about ice melting ... ???? 

As long as it's not in my beer ... ????

After all, we are just star dust, and life will continue 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:14 PM, KhunLA said:

Yes, humans are a problem ... for humans, not the planet.  

I live in TH ... no need to remind me how most trash their environment.  Global warming/Climate change, especially MMGW/CC, not really something to be concerned about ... IMHO.   Maybe 500 yrs from now, if people don't self destruct by then.

I really wish people would stop saying "save the planet" when we are busily destroying it.

What they really mean is save us from destruction, as the planet will thrive without humans devastating it.

• Like 2

On 1/26/2023 at 3:47 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, try again.

All those fresh water icebergs you are so worried about have been calving as long as the ice cap has been moving outwards into the ocean, which is as long as there has been an ice cap. It's not static, which is why you won't find Scott's death site any more- probably fell into the ocean long ago.

Anyway, any fresh water added in the Antarctic will probably be balanced by evaporation in warmer climes.

BTW an area the size of London is nothing in comparison to the amount of water in the planet's oceans.

"evaporation in warmer climes" lol. Pray tell, where does that evaporated water go to? Does more and more just keep evaporating?

I'll answer for you to save you doing some research but we know climate change deniers (anthropomorphic) hate that. It returns to earth as rain.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I really wish people would stop saying "save the planet" when we are busily destroying it.

What they really mean is save us from destruction, as the planet will thrive without humans devastating it.

It's a little pedantic really, they mean save species, including humans. Most people implictly understand this. You can bash them over terminology but it changes nothing.