TM30 - Agent asked me during 90 day report...

I'm very confused regarding the TM30 report.

3 years ago I had to pay a fine during my visa extension for not having one done. Since then it hasn't been mentioned or asked about during my trips to immigration.

Are they just trying to enforce it now that COVID regulations have eased? Is it required every time I return home from staying somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If entering the  country with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa it is not required.

Just to be clear on the re-entry part Joe, you are 100% correct for the alien/foreigner, however if one is married, one's wife, well in our case (October 2022) had report to immigration, i.e. I asked her to call them and check if I needed to report to them that I am back and they say that I didn't have to report to them, but she had to report me, otherwise face a 2,000 baht fine.

Sakon Nakhon office, other offices might not want the wives of farangs re-entering to report them, but Sakon Nakhon do.

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you exited Thailand and reenter with same visa (multi entry) or have a reentry permit and return to your place of residence then you do NOT need to file a TM30. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

In Thailand there will always be crackpot immigration offices that do not follow the rules.

Sakon Nakon has been mentioned and I think CM has also been mentioned. 

Regardless if they are crackpots, my wife spoke to different immigration officers on the phone, that's two calls, one was a female, the other a male and both said she was required to advise them that I returned, even though I had a re-entry permit, so my point was, if married best to check with your immigration office.

The above said, if my wife didn't advise them and got fined 2,000 baht, what would her ourse of action be to get a refund, how long would it take and how much agro would it cause ?

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The TM30 rules were changed in June of 2020.

It is not required if traveling within the country.

If entering the  country with a re-entry permit or a multiple entry visa it is not required.

I'm on a non-immigrant O visa. Came back in with a re-entry permit roughly 90 days ago. If that's the case why did the officer ask about it? I haven't changed my place of residence in years.

Edited by chakeeoyen

1 hour ago, chakeeoyen said:

I'm on a non-immigrant O visa. Came back in with a re-entry permit roughly 90 days ago. If that's the case why did the officer ask about it? I haven't changed my place of residence in years.

So it appears that you have an extension from a non O.

Also you have a reentry permit and did not change address.

You should not have been asked to provide a TM30 and certainly not at CW.

Edited by DrJack54

21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

So it appears that you have an extension from a non O.

Also you have a reentry permit and did not change address.

You should not have been asked to provide a TM30 and certainly not at CW.

I'm starting to wonder if they're changing things again.

There was an animation playing on the TVs in the TM90 area on repeat. It showed a property manager who decided not to file the TM30 and the foreigners she rented to bombed some house.. the police had trouble locating them because she failed to do so.

A different officer also asked another to show their TM30 and I saw a couple frustrated because they didn't have something but I couldn't make out what.

Edited by chakeeoyen

2 minutes ago, chakeeoyen said:

A different officer also asked another to show their TM30 and I saw a couple frustrated because they didn't have something but I couldn't make out what

We will need to keep eye on reports from CW and other places.

Would be a complete backflip on the rule changes of June 2020.

Sadly that would come as no surprise to many. 

BTW when you say that you were asked by immigration officer....I assume you are not referring to those document check chicks just at entry to all the desk areas. 

i dont know this will help or not OR will give you some ideas.

3-4 years ago i was using agency for my non-o marriage. they were doing my 90 days too. Never asked for tm30 just because they also did tm30 with the immigration they were doing extension or 90 days. So i dont know but if it was a must to show tm30 at that time probably they were using that documents they already did.

i stopped using agency 1 year now. did 1 90 days at the immigration and 1 online. when i went to do my 90 days at the immigration i also printed out my TM30 and gave them. IO didnt say anything and took all the documents.

i also noticed every people's documents they had TM30. im pretty sure. 

PS: @DrJack54 this was nonthaburi immigration.. i tagged you because you wondered for other IO reports. So i kind of think they want. it seems its different situation but better to know. 

also i would say now there is some really effort going on to catch over stays or agency user visa owners. 

Edited by problemfarang

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

BTW when you say that you were asked by immigration officer....I assume you are not referring to those document check chicks just at entry to all the desk areas. 

Nope. They glanced at my passport, gave me a queue and sent me on my way. 

Same ol' story, same ol' song and dance. There may be an official rule, but doesn't mean every office and officer is privy and/or onboard. As usual...Totally depends on the provincial office and then left up to interpretation by whichever officer one deals with on any given day. The rules are...there ain't no consistent rules. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skeptic7 said:

Same ol' story, same ol' song and dance. There may be an official rule, but doesn't mean every office and officer is privy and/or onboard. As usual...Totally depends on the provincial office and then left up to interpretation by whichever officer one deals with on any given day. The rules are...there ain't no consistent rules. 

This was Chaeng Wattana where they usually follow the officially published rules, and it looks to me I wasn't the only one being asked for the TM30. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I entered Thailand on METV visa 2 weeks ago, 1 week later i was reminded about TM30 so i went to immigration and they charged me 1600 baht for not doing it on time, the immigration also told me I would need to do it again if i re-entered on my METV visa, so maybe it depends on the immigration office? I used the one in Jomtien.

When returning from out of country I went for new TM30 in Samut Sakhon, but the Immigration agent told me I only need to come when I get a new passport......regardless if I leave the province or country

Every province/area appears to be different