Getting a new Passport in Thailand and the problems.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:06 PM, MJCM said:

Renewal Passport OUTSIDE Thailand, carry BOTH passports and show them when Entering Thailand.

That's interesting as I am looking at renewing mine in Laos, as it's just up the road from me vs flying to BKK twice,

So what your saying is that I shouldn't require the letter as I am getting it from abroad, hmmm.

Note to self:

1) Ask immigration office when collecting current pending extension stamp if they will accept new passport from Embassy in Laos without letter from Embassy.

2) Ask Embassy in Laos if they issue letter for immigration.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:47 PM, Gknrd said:

I was on the move and not thinking

On 1/26/2023 at 7:47 PM, Gknrd said:

I was traveling and was not thinking

Best to let it go, we all make mistakes unknowingly, regardless of whether we think we know how immigration will respond or change a rule for this or that year.

Accept the fact that life here is as it is (their rules) and if that is your only complaint about immigration, as frustrating as it was for you during your travels, e.g. having to return to NK from KK, other could unload about immigration here, I have done so in the past, chews me up, but the sooner I moved on, the better I was, well at least for this time around.

Keep swimming and expect the unexpected with immigration, depending on the office.

On 1/26/2023 at 7:50 AM, rwill said:

You should have received the letter from the US embassy for immigration when your passports were returned.  It only took me about 15 minutes at immigration when I had my stamps transfered to the new passport a few months ago.

I never received a letter from the Embassy. Was I supposed to request one?

33 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

never received a letter from the Embassy. Was I supposed to request one?

I got new passport via mail to Bangkok ..  ew passport was sent to me and included the letter to transfer. I don’t recall asking for the letter. Took 10-15 minutes to transfer at local IO. 

On 1/26/2023 at 2:18 AM, Gknrd said:

I was informed I had to go back to BKK and get a letter stating it was me and they issued the passport!

I had all the paperwork that I filled out from the original passport renal and the paperwork from the US embassy when they mailed back my new passport.

So, a one day visa transfer turned into a 3 week nightmare for no reason what so ever IMO.

I'm still not convinced it's you. Please provide DNA test results from before and after issuing new passport.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 10:28 AM, hargri said:

A bit late to the party but I'm pleased to confound the doubters by confirming that having had stamps transferred to my new passport on 23rd January I then utilised the online 90 day report site on 26th January and was approved.

just recieved a rejection for my 90 day report on my  new passport. i got the visa transferred over easily enough and am currently under consideration for visa extension, waiting for approval. They even stated that previous notification not found.

i guess i ll be going to CW next week sometime ????