Biden to send 31 frontline battle tanks in major escalation of war effort.

Social Media

35 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Because your statement is so overly simplistic that it is laughable. Russia did not just wake up one day and decide to invade Ukraine for no reason whatsoever. The west meddled in Ukraine's internal politics which for the Russians was unacceptable. 

Why can't you not grasp this is not a black/white situation? War never is. 

Bull.  How did the west meddle in Ukraine's internal politics?  Provide credible sources.

Edited by heybruce

For the cost of one Abrams tank, you can buy 50 Javelin anti-tank missiles. Plus training on the Abrams is a 22 week course. So when will these machines actually arrive and will they do much good? 

From my time in the military, tanks were not considered defensive weapons anyway. They are best used on offence.  So why does Ukrain suddenly want offensive weapons?

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, heybruce said:

"So why does Ukrain suddenly want offensive weapons?"

So they can retake territory taken by Russia.  You're a vet and you couldn't figure that out?

I thought the purpose of arming Ukraine was to stop the Russians, bleed them white, then force them to the bargaining table or to retreat. Not to mount offensive operatrions. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

I thought the purpose of arming Ukraine was to stop the Russians, bleed them white, then force them to the bargaining table or to retreat. Not to mount offensive operatrions. 

You thought the goal of arming Ukraine was to freeze the battle lines into an indefinite war of attrition?  A war decided when one side decides it can bleed no more?

Where did you get that idea?  The purpose of arming Ukraine was so Ukraine could defend itself and kick out the Russian military.