Alcoholics with co-exisiting sex addiction

Andy F

3 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Been a sex addict ever since my first BJ ... may I never be cured ????

If I was single, I'd go to 'rehab / SA' meeting, just to hook up with other sex addicts.

Thailand has Pattaya, open air consultancy.

It's all in the head ,Soft in the head I call that. It ain't will power

Won't power  it is ,,,,, I won't do this and I won't do that. 

Addiction ,Soft in the head .Control  that ,,,,,,Won't power it is.

I have tried a few things ,Different Drugs /women/Smoking/few Other things. 

I liked some off the drugs /women. But one got to say Enough is enough if one can't do that that means ,no won't power /soft in the head. 

Some people don't like the Truth, but this is it.

Don't start on me about addiction  I won't go there . Let it be  :mfr_closed1:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tazmo said:

Addiction is a disease that needs treatment, then with rehabilitation you can live without suffering.

Similar to a Diabetic having to make readjustments.

” Rock Bottom “ is when most seek help. Treatment usually involves relatives and education.

Cross Addictions often occur, one may stop opiates but switch to alcohol and Vice versa, or switch to sex; gambling; internet;  All related to dopamine levels in our brain, eg increases with exercise, a more acceptable option. Levels are said to be low in addicts, whereas Others may overindulge and get away with it. May not hit rock bottom but end up with cirrhosis of the liver. Liver Units in the UK are full. Or syphillis  In the case of sex addiction.

Thanks for sharing that. I really liked what you had to say! ????????????

On 1/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, KhunLA said:

Been a sex addict ever since my first BJ ... may I never be cured 

Sadlyyou will be, age will take over just when you least expect it, so enjoy all you can as often as you can.

There will come a time when you can ride all night but passing the finishing post is a sometime event.

• Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 4:12 PM, Tazmo said:

Addiction is a disease that needs treatment, then with rehabilitation you can live without suffering.

Similar to a Diabetic having to make readjustments.

” Rock Bottom “ is when most seek help. Treatment usually involves relatives and education.

Cross Addictions often occur, one may stop opiates but switch to alcohol and Vice versa, or switch to sex; gambling; internet;  All related to dopamine levels in our brain, eg increases with exercise, a more acceptable option. Levels are said to be low in addicts, whereas Others may overindulge and get away with it. May not hit rock bottom but end up with cirrhosis of the liver. Liver Units in the UK are full. Or syphillis  In the case of sex addiction.

So true! Thanks for sharing

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What disturbs me more with recovering alkies is when they cheat on their spouse. AA is all about honesty, IMHO.

Exactly Neeranam. If alcoholics admit that rigorous honesty is the only thing thats going to help them get well, then sadly, they wont be making much progress with the "spiritual malady" acting out on sex and love addicition

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

We're talking about addiction here. The very definition of addiction is that you can't control the amount. 

Agreed! Addiction is an illness that is progressive due to a total loss of control over the addictive behaviour 

On 1/30/2023 at 5:19 PM, Jimjim1 said:

Sadlyyou will be, age will take over just when you least expect it, so enjoy all you can as often as you can.

There will come a time when you can ride all night but passing the finishing post is a sometime event.

I'm 68 already ... if & when, doesn't matter much really at this point.  Just have take up a new hobby ????

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Are you trolling or trying to be funny? 

If neither, here's a link to where you can get help.

I'm amazed SA isn't bigger in Thailand, especially Pattaya.

https://saa-recovery.org/

Neither, myself & wife enjoy our sex life, why would change anything.  Days past as a youngin', I definitely, probably, maybe, made the wrong choices to satisfy the addiction. 

No harm or major regrets because of, and suspect consenting partners had the same addiction.  Fun, funny & embarrassing, when looking back, but safe & harmless.

Amazingly escaped all those years of, STD free ... ????????????

Knock on 'wood' ... ????

On 1/26/2023 at 12:11 PM, KhunLA said:

If I was single, I'd go to 'rehab / SA' meeting, just to hook up with other sex addicts.

This surely is a wind up. 

This is the same as a heroin dealer going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting to get new clients. 

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Neither, myself & wife enjoy our sex life, why would change anything.  Days past as a youngin', I definitely, probably, maybe, made the wrong choices to satisfy the addiction. 

No harm or major regrets because of, and suspect consenting partners had the same addiction.  Fun, funny & embarrassing, when looking back, but safe & harmless.

Amazingly escaped all those years of, STD free ... ????????????

Knock on 'wood' ... ????

So you have no problem with sex, yet want to come on a serious thread for those with a drinking problem/sex addiction and tell us all that you have no problem with either?  Come on dude.

21 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Out of interest, are you still drinking? 

If so, do you need more or less sex when drunk?

Drinking, rarely open a 2nd beer (490ml), the past 15 ish years.  Drinking was never a major problem, as just a hobbyist vs lifestyle.

Days past, when had a few, that's when choice to fill the SA addiction may have not been the best.  As stated, lucky & unscathed.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This surely is a wind up. 

This is the same as a heroin dealer going to a Narcotics Anonymous meeting to get new clients. 

Completely different.  Terrible comparison.