Alcoholics with co-exisiting sex addiction

Andy F

35 minutes ago, Andy F said:

I hope it's the real deal Dr Tom and she doesn't fleece you ????

What's 'real' in any relationship? It works for us both, for now.  I'm too World weary and cynical to be ripped off by anyone , least of all her. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Doctor Tom said:

What's 'real' in any relationship? It works for us both, for now.  I'm too World weary and cynical to be ripped off by anyone , least of all her. 

In which case, enjoy and have fun ????????????

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ozimoron said:

I don't believe that ego has any relationship to sex at all. Sex is simply about pleasure. People go to pubs to interact socially. Having sex with different women is the exactly the same. It is no more or less than social interaction. Sex doesn't have to have any deeper psychological meaning. I think those who claim it does are misleading themselves or seeking to pander to their ego in the same way as you criticize those having casual sex.

Well said.  Agree completely

Am a boomer and have a real dislike of men here in Pattaya who use derogatory terms when describing a woman he has casual sex with, yet praise themselves and their conquests with the beautiful young ladies,  and do not see the irony.  

We all have addictions.  I could never understand how drug or alcohol or sex addicts really happen.  Simple logic is, you cannot feed your addiction unless you are working and making money, if you do not work because of your addiction, then you run out of money and the behavior has to stop as you cannot afford the addiction anymore.  If you are working, then what you do with your time after work is up to you...yet again, if your "addiction" causes you to lose your job, then the addiction has to stop, as you have no money to feed the addiciton

• Thanks 1

A post in violation of fair use policy has been removed:

27. You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Only post a link, the headline and three sentences from the article. Content in the public domain is limited to the same restrictions.

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Probably better if you admit you are wrong and just leave this thread. 

It sounds like you do, in fact, have a sex problem but are in denial, like most sex addicts in Thailand. It has turned you into a  bitter person.

Complete rubbish. Please explain how sex addiction has harmed anyone. I'm talking physical and mental health. Physical harm from sex is not possible. Catching a disease from sex is nothing to do with sex being harmful, that's just poor choices and no condom. Mental harm is highly unlikely.

53 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Simple logic is, you cannot feed your addiction unless you are working and making money,

Jeez, the ignorance on addiction here is remarkable. Addiction has NOTHING to do with money. You can sober from Alcohol addiction for many years yet still suffer from the disease. 

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Complete rubbish. Please explain how sex addiction has harmed anyone. I'm talking physical and mental health.

Denial. Of course you are going to deny being a sex addict, especially if you live in Pattaya, where there are many prostitutes. 

15 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sorry for the loss of your friends but they died from alcoholism.

If they hadn't have picked up the first compulsive sexually addicted act, they may still be alive. What we are talking about here is the"spiritual malady" not an addiction to a substance or addictive behaviour. The term "alcoholism" is too narrow a term when defining the spiritual malady. It has to include addictions to all mind altering substances AND behaviours

• Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Jeez, the ignorance on addiction here is remarkable. Addiction has NOTHING to do with money. You can sober from Alcohol addiction for many years yet still suffer from the disease. 

Of course. ???? It's a "hopeless condition of mind and body" affecting every area of the addicts life! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

Denial. Of course you are going to deny being a sex addict, especially if you live in Pattaya, where there are many prostitutes. 

I like sex, I've always like sex. - Justice Kavanaugh. It's not an addiction. If I stop for a week or a year nothing happens. I asked you to explain how its harmful. Nothing else.

1 hour ago, Andy F said:

If they hadn't have picked up the first compulsive sexually addicted act, they may still be alive. What we are talking about here is the"spiritual malady" not an addiction to a substance or addictive behaviour. The term "alcoholism" is too narrow a term when defining the spiritual malady. It has to include addictions to all mind altering substances AND behaviours

Still be alive? I first came to soi cowboy in 1980. If some kind of damage is going to happen it better kick in first because I'll die of old age waiting. I haven't had sex for al least 15 minutes now.

What is a "compulsive sexually addicted act"? Serious question, I don't troll (much).

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Still be alive? I first came to soi cowboy in 1980. If some kind of damage is going to happen it better kick in first because I'll die of old age waiting. I haven't had sex for al least 15 minutes now.

What is a "compulsive sexually addicted act"? Serious question, I don't troll (much).

My spin is this: A compulsively sexually addicted act is one which is mentally, physically and spiritually harmful to the sex addict. In stark contrast to sexually more healthy people, by it's very nature it is self-destructive. It became just that for my two AA buddies that lost their lives to it

8 minutes ago, Andy F said:

My spin is this: A compulsively sexually addicted act is one which is mentally, physically and spiritually harmful to the sex addict. In stark contrast to sexually more healthy people, by it's very nature it is self-destructive. It became just that for my two AA buddies that lost their lives to it

I maintain they lost their lives to alcohol which is proved to be clinically harmful. You claim that sex addiction is mentally harmful and I'm calling you out. You now meed to produce a credible link to support your claim. Otherwise you are pulling opinions out of a dark place or the bible or somewhere equivalent.

As for spiritual, well, I think I know where your argument derives from now. In fact, I'm sure.

Edited by ozimoron

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I maintain they lost their lives to alcohol which is proved to be clinically harmful. You claim that sex addiction is mentally harmful and I'm calling you out. You now meed to produce a credible link to support your claim. Otherwise you are pulling opinions out of a dark place or the bible or somewhere equivalent.

I don't need to look for evidence. The evidence was before my very eyes. The two buddies of which I speak went completely off their heads acting out on sex. They lost touch with reality and became so mentally unstable that they "could no longer differentiate the true from the false" Sadly, they both became very mentally and emotionally unwell. One jumped in the Bangkok river high on Yaba and drowned. The other OD'd on Heroin. Both were addicts and alcoholics in recovery that were utterly obsessed with sex

• Like 1

I don't need to look for evidence. The evidence was before my very eyes. The two buddies of which I speak went completely off their heads acting out on sex. They lost touch with reality and became so mentally unstable that they "could no longer differentiate the true from the false" Sadly, they both became very mentally and emotionally unwell. One jumped in the Bangkok river high on Yaba and drowned. The other OD'd on Heroin. Both were addicts and alcoholics in recovery that were utterly obsessed with sex

OMG. I've had enough. Sex caused them to become heroin addicts. OK, back to the bible for you, You're wasting my time. No link, no talk. You've got nothing other than wowserism. Your logical approach to this argument is irrational.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

OMG. I've had enough. Sex caused them toi become heroin addicts. OK, back to the bible for you,

You have completely missed the point. Firstly, I'm not a Christian. Secondly, they were addicts and alcoholics BEFORE they became sex addicts. The sex addiction made their lives so crazy, chaotic and unmanageable that they went back to their original drug of choice. This is the nature of addiction. It doesn't matter a f...k what the addictive behaviour was. Whatever way you dress is up addiction is highly likely to kill you sooner or later as it did my two buddies. 

You have completely missed the point. Firstly, I'm not a Christian. Secondly, they were addicts and alcoholics BEFORE they became sex addicts. The sex addiction made their lives so crazy, chaotic and unmanageable that they went back to their original drug of choice. This is the nature of addiction. It doesn't matter a f...k what the addictive behaviour was. Whatever way you dress is up addiction is highly likely to kill you sooner or later as it did my two buddies. 

Rubbish, it was all about their other addictions. Sex made them crazy but heroin didn't. Or the excessive alcohol. Try to understand just how out there that sounds. But again, if sex addiction was clinically harmful in any way, you'd be able to produce evidence but won't. That makes your agenda highly suspicious.

You claim not religious but push the "spiritual" angle? How's that work?

Edited by ozimoron

25 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Rubbish, it was all about their other addictions. Sex made them crazy but heroin didn't. Or the excessive alcohol. Try to understand just how out there that sounds. But again, if sex addiction was clinically harmful in any way, you'd be able to produce evidence but won't. That makes your agenda highly suspicious.

You claim not religious but push the "spiritual" angle? How's that work?

Check this out! https://a.co/d/cpFGnJ1

4 minutes ago, Andy F said:

Check this out! https://a.co/d/cpFGnJ1

I want a link to credible research to clinical evidence. It should be in the media. Just producing a book by some possible crackpot means nothing. That's just a link you found, I doubt that you have read that book. I want to know how you formed your opinion that sex addiction was harmful.

Edited by ozimoron

Just now, ozimoron said:

I want a link to credible research to clinical. It should be in the media. Just producing a book by some possible crackpot means nothing.

https://slaafws.org/onlinemeetings/

If your sex addiction ever starts costing you more than money, please check out an online meeting. Have a great day ????????????

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is delusional ???? 

You came on here talking about being addicted to sex and how it doesn't harm you, prostitutes, and then saying you are married!! 

I said I'm married? Far from it. Nor do I have a girlfriend.

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

now you are just trolling. You got called out and can't back up your assertions.

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

now you are just trolling. You got called out and can't back up your assertions.

In your case, denial is not a river in Egypt my friend. Good luck ????

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Andy F said:

In your case, denial is not a river in Egypt my friend. Good luck ????

That river is about as deep as this comment. You're solidly on the losing side of this debate. Failure to provide evidence to back up your claims is never going to be a winner. Then you resort to insults. Pretty poor performance, you just made my ignore list.

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That river is about as deep as this comment. You're solidly on the losing side of this debate. Failure to provide evidence to back up your claims is never going to be a winner. Then you resort to insults. Pretty poor performance, you just made my ignore list.

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/sexual-health/can-you-become-addicted-to-sex/