Alcoholics with co-exisiting sex addiction

Andy F

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That river is about as deep as this comment. You're solidly on the losing side of this debate. Failure to provide evidence to back up your claims is never going to be a winner. Then you resort to insults. Pretty poor performance, you just made my ignore list.

There is no debate. Sex addiction, like any addiction, is harmful. 

I had a friend, who is alcoholic, and hasn't had a drink for over 25 years. 

He also is a recovered sex addict for 15 years I think. Around 1999, he gave HIV to his wife, who subsequently died. 

Probably half the old sex addicts in Pattaya have broken relationships due to their addiction, many with kids who don't speak to them, embarrassed at granda marrying Buriram Noi.

• Love It 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

That doesn't like like evidence does it? It starts with experts disagree. That means there's no evidence that concludes it's harmful.

This compulsive sexual behavior can have serious personal consequences. Like drug or alcohol addiction, sex addiction can impact physical health, mental health, personal relationships, and quality of life. 

Signs of a Sex Addict

Sexual addiction can manifest itself in many different ways, both physical and emotional. It takes a healthcare professional to make a clear diagnosis, but here are some signs that can point to a potential sex addiction:

You don't need a wife or gf to be a sex addict. 

Masturbating Excessively 

While masturbation can be a healthy way to explore sexuality and express sexual drive, excessive masturbation can be a sign of sexual addiction. This might look like compulsive masturbation, masturbation during inappropriate times, or even masturbation to the point of causing physical discomfort or pain. 

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/signs-sex-addict#:~:text=This compulsive sexual behavior can,relationships%2C and quality of life.

Just now, ozimoron said:

That doesn't like like evidence does it? It starts with experts disagree. That means there's no evidence that concludes it's harmful.

It is for many sex addicts that's why treatment options are now available. I've seen it kill and drive people insane. That's all the evidence I need. You can defend your position all you want. People are losing their lives to it or problems directly related to it. It's a sunny day, let's go out and enjoy our day ????

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The Consequences of Sex Addiction

• Venereal Disease: According to the USDA, 38% of men and 45% of women with sex addictions have a venereal disease as a result of their behavior
  • Pregnancy: Nearly 70% of women with sex addictions reported that they had experienced at least one unwanted pregnancy as a result of their addiction
  • Depression/Anxiety: Sex addicts report high levels of depression and/or anxiety as a result of their addiction. Once the dopamine rush is over, emotional levels can plummet to their lowest point.
  • Low Self-Esteem: Many sex addicts report very low levels of self-esteem and use sexual acts as ways to make themselves feel more desirable or important.
  • Social Isolation/Rejection: The taboo of sex addiction and rejection from others can lead to isolation, which only increases problems of addiction as well as depression and physical maladies.  

https://rockrecoverycenter.com/consequences-of-sex-addiction/

2 hours ago, Andy F said:

I don't need to look for evidence. The evidence was before my very eyes. The two buddies of which I speak went completely off their heads acting out on sex. They lost touch with reality and became so mentally unstable that they "could no longer differentiate the true from the false" Sadly, they both became very mentally and emotionally unwell. One jumped in the Bangkok river high on Yaba and drowned. The other OD'd on Heroin. Both were addicts and alcoholics in recovery that were utterly obsessed with sex

I followed the thread of your discussion with azimorane however it seems to me that your two friends had many problems together, you maintain that it is mainly due to a sex problem but it may also have been another previous problem and therefore they were both subject to a premature end. Sex addiction exists and no one questions it but it can lead to a tragic and less obvious end. However, if his two friends died, it was clear that they had major psychological problems and the fact that they also fell into alcoholism and drugs confirms it. Everything cannot be blamed on just being addicted to compulsive sex.

4 minutes ago, BE88 said:

I followed the thread of your discussion with azimorane however it seems to me that your two friends had many problems together, you maintain that it is mainly due to a sex problem but it may also have been another previous problem and therefore they were both subject to a premature end. Sex addiction exists and no one questions it but it can lead to a tragic and less obvious end. However, if his two friends died, it was clear that they had major psychological problems and the fact that they also fell into alcoholism and drugs confirms it. Everything cannot be blamed on just being addicted to compulsive sex.

I agree wholeheartedly BE88. Neither of them were willing to work the 12 steps so they could get to the "causes and conditions" of their self defeating behaviours. I say this as someone who was also addicted to sex, as well as alcohol and drugs. The 12 steps gradually restored me to a feeling of wholeness I had never known be. My addictive behaviours gradually started to go into remission. Long may it last. Best regards ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

The Consequences of Sex Addiction

• Venereal Disease: According to the USDA, 38% of men and 45% of women with sex addictions have a venereal disease as a result of their behavior
  • Pregnancy: Nearly 70% of women with sex addictions reported that they had experienced at least one unwanted pregnancy as a result of their addiction
  • Depression/Anxiety: Sex addicts report high levels of depression and/or anxiety as a result of their addiction. Once the dopamine rush is over, emotional levels can plummet to their lowest point.
  • Low Self-Esteem: Many sex addicts report very low levels of self-esteem and use sexual acts as ways to make themselves feel more desirable or important.
  • Social Isolation/Rejection: The taboo of sex addiction and rejection from others can lead to isolation, which only increases problems of addiction as well as depression and physical maladies.  

https://rockrecoverycenter.com/consequences-of-sex-addiction/

Another faith based quack outfit. If they're not totally irreligious they are acting out their religious convictions and not to be trusted.

Venereal disease and pregnancy have nothing at all to do with sex itself. It's perfectly possible to have sex without either. I use condoms and never got pregnant. I have no self esteem issues and no social isolation. I don't masturbate, I have a high quality of life and many friends. I don't smoke and have exactly 3 beers once a week. I hold a full time IT job. Life's good. This sounds like a religious sermon, it certainly isn't based on science.

Edited by ozimoron

47 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Another faith based quack outfit. If they're not totally irreligious they are acting out their religious convictions and not to be trusted.

What is religious about them?

You have religion on the brain! 

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What is religious about them?

You have religion on the brain! 

Read their website. Why did you link them if you don't know anything about them?

These are the same sort of people who think you can "pray the gay away".

Edited by ozimoron

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Read their website. Why did you link them if you don't know anything about them?

These are the same sort of people who think you can "pray the gay away".

I can't see anything about religion.

Can you copy and post what you see?

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

I always thought that you were a male , for some reason

That's probably why I never got pregnant. It's cited as a downside to sex addiction. I'm just pointing out how irrelevant that is. Even women can easily avoid it. Sexual diseases are avoidable as well and aren't a manifestation of sex addiction. One could get a sexual disease from their first sex experience. Other items on the list I replied to are just pure conjecture, the kind of garbage that a religious organisation would dream up to make their their claims sound credible.

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

But it's not religious.

Read this and tell me that again with a straight face.

https://oxbowacademy.net/educationalarticles/appropriate_placement_oa/

We work closely with our families to provide their student with any religious needs parents’ desire.

They mention NOJOS on their website. Take a look at the board for NOJOS

https://nojos.net/contact-board

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

or the advantage, joy of.

i knew a guy who always had 3 or 6 girlfriends at the same time.

i just found out he got married.

i wonder if his marriage will fall apart because he will go back to his old ways.

if you can dance in and out of both lifestyles without tripping up all over yourself, then go for it. 

or maybe you never want the more conventional lifestyle.

then it's not much of an issue.

probably most hollywood actors can't stay married long because they're engaging in sex scenes in their movies. maybe. just a theory.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Like 1

Isn't this the "I drink too much forum". Perhaps there needs to be a sex problems forum? 

Anyways, sex addiction is real.

The true test to determine if one is addicted is basically this.

Any behavior which causes harm and detriment to ones life that cannot be controlled when there is a desire to stop or control that behavior. An inability to use self discipline to control a detrimental behavior.

There are many 12 step programs which address most all of the common addictions. They are not religious however they are based on the premise that once one is addicted by virtue of being addicted they are powerless over the detrimental behavior. All 12 step programs provide the solution of accessing power of a Higher Power by practicing the 12 steps. By accessing that Power they can then control the behavior with help from this Higher Force/Power Spirit etc. The OP claims there are agnostic methods to practice the 12 steps but this is a falsehood and his opinion only.

Edited by likerdup1