Russian Tourists Spearhead Foreign Arrivals in Phuket

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, malibukid said:

they should not be allowed to enter Thailand.  send them back so that they can protest against Putins war if they will not fight.  this is what we did in the sixties

I'm sure that protesting made you feel good, but it ultimately it had no effect. The US simply lost and withdrew from Vietnam, which had nothing at all to do with protests. Protesting against Putin will have no effect other than people being thrown in jail or disappearing. In Thailand, all protests have done is bring the military onto the streets rather than bring change - except to install military governments.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

My young Russian temporary neighbour who escaped to Thailand and now they have left for Hua Hin after purchasing an Education Visa to live in peace for a year and go to class twice a week, she mentioned on one occasion that the majority here are Putin supporters..... something is definitely wrong here................

You say: "after purchasing an Education Visa to live in peace for a year and go to class twice a week"

So do you they bought it from an 'agent', or they went thru the correct channels. Class twice a week seems a bit iffy?

Of course its not my business, but asking for a friend!

Edited by Smokey and the Bandit

6 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

My young Russian temporary neighbour who escaped to Thailand and now they have left for Hua Hin after purchasing an Education Visa to live in peace for a year and go to class twice a week, she mentioned on one occasion that the majority here are Putin supporters..... something is definitely wrong here................

You can purchase/buy an education visa? I'm shocked, don't you need to prove that you are going regularly to class and are actually learning?

14 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

You can purchase/buy an education visa? I'm shocked, don't you need to prove that you are going regularly to class and are actually learning?

I believe Russian agents are all over this.....apparently they are for sale !

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm sure that protesting made you feel good, but it ultimately it had no effect. The US simply lost and withdrew from Vietnam, which had nothing at all to do with protests. Protesting against Putin will have no effect other than people being thrown in jail or disappearing. In Thailand, all protests have done is bring the military onto the streets rather than bring change - except to install military governments.

Think you need to stop watching documentaries about this era in American history and start reading. Now first up I'm not an American fan but history is history. Fact 1 America had all but destroyed the North ability to fight before they left 2 years prior. Fact 2. It took the North 2 years to rebuild its infrastructure ability to fight. Fact 3. The corruption and lack of will in the south was the main reason for the defeat. Quite possibly because for years they were used as a secondary force with the USA and some Australian troops doing the heavy lifting. It is just utter nonsense that USA was defeated by the North, America was defeated by anti war protests and feelings back home. Even the disastrous Afghanistan was not a defeat but a severe ineptitude of the US government what a disaster they caused.

• Like 1

Here comes the "Russian Hatred" on steroids.  Very sad but not unexpected.  It's right behind "Chinese Hatred." 

Live and let live.  Most people are not a reflection of their own country's Geo-politics.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Think you need to stop watching documentaries about this era in American history and start reading. Now first up I'm not an American fan but history is history. Fact 1 America had all but destroyed the North ability to fight before they left 2 years prior. Fact 2. It took the North 2 years to rebuild its infrastructure ability to fight. Fact 3. The corruption and lack of will in the south was the main reason for the defeat. Quite possibly because for years they were used as a secondary force with the USA and some Australian troops doing the heavy lifting. It is just utter nonsense that USA was defeated by the North, America was defeated by anti war protests and feelings back home. Even the disastrous Afghanistan was not a defeat but a severe ineptitude of the US government what a disaster they caused.

I would respond further, but it's off topic and would probably be removed by the mods.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BritScot said:

the anti war protest in america had a great impact on popular opinion.  as Lyndon Johnson has been famously quoted as saying  "once you loose Walter Conckrite you have lost the war"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Smokey and the Bandit said:

You say: "after purchasing an Education Visa to live in peace for a year and go to class twice a week"

So do you they bought it from an 'agent', or they went thru the correct channels. Class twice a week seems a bit iffy?

Of course its not my business, but asking for a friend!

for sale in red square.

• Haha 1

I had the good fortune of being able to share a taxi ride from Bangkok Phuket hospital to Lotus's in Phuket town, with an attractive, and judging by her dress and jewellery, reasonably wealthy Russian woman, and we got talking about the invasion of Ukraine and what she said was enlightening for me!

She said that this invasion/war was crazy because many families, like hers, had mixed Russian and Ukrainian relatives, whereby some of her lineage were Russian, whereas others were Ukrainian, so taking sides was damn near impossible, and she said it was dividing the country and families, ALTHOUGH she did say that any dissent was pounced upon immediately, so being able to come to Thailand for her was a good way out.

She didn't say she was for or against Putin, but she did say she was against the invasion – – take from that what you will.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

Live and let live.  Most people are not a reflection of their own country's Geo-politics.

say that to a Ukrainian, they have always being hated for they anti-western arrogance.

most support the war brainwashed or not