Paying an agent (or someone) to queue at Immigration.

giddyup

It seems the bedlam at Immigration seems likely to continue, so when my retirement extension is  due in a couple of months I'd prefer to have someone just do the queuing for me, as at 80 it's getting to be a bit much to stand there for hours. I have the money in the bank, I can get the bank letters, fill out the forms etc, so shouldn't have to pay the full agents fees. Has anyone used an agent or anyone else just to submit the paperwork and pick up the passport with the new stamp?

I don't know how many agents do what. There are certainly a number of agents who work for (many) companies with business visas for several employees, etc.

We use someone like that in Bangkok. Not, because our documents are incomplete but because it is convenient.

I am sure agents like that also exist in Pattaya.

• Like 2

actually, I'm not so sure they provide a service just for submitting your documents as you are either a client or not a client.  You either want their service as an agent or you don't want it .... what your asking seems to be just a helper / half measure.   I doubt any agent would accomodate this.

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

seems the bedlam at Immigration seems likely to continue, so when my retirement extension is  due in a couple of months I'd prefer to have someone just do the queuing for me, as at 80 it's getting to be a bit much to stand there for hours. I have the money in the bank, I can get the bank letters, fill out the forms etc, so shouldn't have to pay the full agents fees. Has anyone used an agent or anyone else just to submit the paperwork and pick up the passport with the new stamp?

I suggest you speak to the manager of the place within the compound that does photocopies etc or to one of the helpers in pink shirts who work for Immigration. Discreetly ????

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't think the 'Just que for me' service exist and if it does, it will be pretty much close to the full-service fee, i know a lady lawyer in Pattaya who dose that if you care to pm me with the details i can convey your requirements to her and let you her reply...

Edited by ezzra

2 minutes ago, yeahbutif said:

Yes you can just get an agent to do the work

Take bank statement address and what ever they to ask for .to their office and get them to do the rest collect passport a few days latter all done including application fee. Of 1,900 total 8,000 .it's worth it no  hassle at immigration at all..

Thanks, I'd be happy to pay 8000 baht for the convenience. Do you have the name of the agent?

Edited by giddyup

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Thanks, I'd be happy to pay 8000 baht for the convenience. Do you have the name of the agent?

8,000 baht including the 1,900 baht immigration fee? please do share the name of the agent with us all seems like a bargain...

• Like 1

Returning to the subject of waiting in line for hours at Jomtien Immigration...

Would one wise man be willing to start up a charted report show day by day

the estimate of how many people standing in line.  Any wise man who lives

around Immigration passing by during breakfast lunch abouts Jomtien Immigration

would be honored to update and inform wait in line time at overloaded Jomtien

TAT tourist invasion at Jomtien Immigration office. Thank you in advance for all

supported data 

39 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Maneerat soi post office 13\2 will do that. Alternatively take fold chair from decathlon for example or over on the right there are plastic chairs, take one, no problem

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, ezzra said:

8,000 baht including the 1,900 baht immigration fee? please do share the name of the agent with us all seems like a bargain...

Maneerat  visa tour and travel soi post office .pattaya 0818630320

• Thumbs Up 1

I got one for my work permit.  They still hassled me every time.  I got phone calls ''we need you at immigration by 2pm go now!''  Had to sit in the same place and wait.  Two hours later a cop told me to look at the camera and then I went home.  Same garbage with or without an agent.

Went to chang wattana for the 90 days ''your address is wrong sorry can't help you, go to nonthaburi''  So apparently I live at the school now.  Get to nonthaburi ''we need the agent to come with you''.  Infuriating.

Edited by markclover
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

I don't think the 'Just que for me' service exist and if it does, it will be pretty much close to the full-service fee,

Motorcy taxi drivers or coconut bar ladies will provide it, say B500. Go with them and sit and drink beer while they queue. They can phone you when you can go inside and sit.

Several times I had a motorcy taxi driver do my 90-day report, before the online facility really worked. B300.

• Like 2

Cost me 10kBaht to have them do mine.... I just turned up with bank letter, bank book and passport and a photo. They filled my forms in,  took another picture, copied the bank-book and I left to return 2 days later to their office to collect the passport with Extension in it. I believe it can be had cheaper...

I am not keen on being herded about like a sheep!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Cost me 10kBaht to have them do mine.... I just turned up with bank letter, bank book and passport and a photo. They filled my forms in,  took another picture, copied the bank-book and I left to return 2 days later to their office to collect the passport with Extension in it. I believe it can be had cheaper...

I am not keen on being herded about like a sheep!

If you're going to pay 10k might as well pay 12.5k for full agent service no financials

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you're going to pay 10k might as well pay 12.5k for full agent service no financials

Why.....? Having the money in the bank is no issue... and for the sake of saving a couple of thousand baht, I am in that 'maybe not quite legitimate' category!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1