Can anyone explain why Immigration is so busy now?

giddyup

3 hours ago, champers said:

The scenes at Immigration are quite a contrast to how Covid vaccinations were organised.

I had 2 jabs at Central Festival on Beach Rd and a booster at Royal Garden Plaza. On all 3 occasions the process was completed in about an hour, 15 minutes of which was sitting in an area to ensure no bad reaction to the vaccine. The organisation was excellent, staff were polite, helpful, pleasant and completely professional.

My point is that there can be good organisation and service at Immigration with the planning and will to do so.

I agree with you and I think it would have to involve a larger building for starters as I think one of their biggest challenges is simply the lack of internal space. I had the jabs in Central Festival same as you and the seating area alone where we waited after having them was probably not far off if not larger than that in the immigration office. If you compared the snaking queue to get the jab it was probably just as long if not longer than waiting outside the immigration office.

If the business and tourist expansion plans for the next 5-10 years for this area materialise, ( U-Tapao expansion etc ),  seems inevitable it will have to involve a relocation or additional facility for immigration. I'm glad I only have to go there for one application a year, imagine have to work there every day.

Pity they couldn't do a swap with the Tax office across the road, it's a much bigger building and I'm pretty sure there's less customers paying tax than there is requiring immigrations services. ????

Edited by kinyara
Addition
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, champers said:

My point is that there can be good organisation and service at Immigration with the planning and will to do so.

The "will" to do so is the key phrase......nah make it as difficult as possible in the hope that folk turn to using Agents thus enhancing the brown envelopes that change hands.......

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/30/2023 at 3:58 PM, CharlieH said:

Wonder if Agents rolling up with 20+ applications etc are causing a bottleneck ?

Just a thought.

A few weeks ago, at Pathum Thani when I arrived around 13:30, several agents were already waiting with a lot of paperwork in their folders. When I left at 14:15 the first agent was called into the office.

It appears that they first handled the 'normal' applicants before attending to the time-consuming agents.