Chevrolet Captiva

Yesterday I saw the Cheovrolet Captiva up close and must say I was captivated. I currently drive a 1.8 Chevy optra and have been happy with it's sturdiness.

This new SUV seems to have the best of the CRV and Fortuner and is available in deisel at 1.5 million.

Does anyone else in TV land have one or have any experience with this car?

I was going to buy the new CRV but now can't stop thinking about the captiva.

post-19662-1183286729_thumb.jpg

Edited by baabaabobo

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I too looked at it a few days ago. Was told by the salesperson that is just hit the market and they just had the vehicle three days ago.

I'm impressed. It looks great, and interior also very nice. The only drawback is the name. I'd be hard pressed to choose between the Honda and the Captiva. For the looks and style, I'd say Captiva. I keep thinking about it also.

Been advertised on UK TV for the last week and looks pretty good especially on price.... :o

The new Chevrolet Captiva is the smartest Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) to reach the UK in years. Stylish yet practical, spacious yet a pleasure to drive, it offers 5 or 7 seats, petrol or diesel engines, and a wealth of extra features as standard.

The entry-level model features air-conditioning, electric windows and other extras and sells for £16,995......

Wots it in LOS? :D

Been advertised on UK TV for the last week and looks pretty good especially on price.... :o

The new Chevrolet Captiva is the smartest Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) to reach the UK in years. Stylish yet practical, spacious yet a pleasure to drive, it offers 5 or 7 seats, petrol or diesel engines, and a wealth of extra features as standard.

The entry-level model features air-conditioning, electric windows and other extras and sells for £16,995......

Wots it in LOS? :D

Entry level costs £ 17,169 (1,189,000 baht) for the petrol 2.4 LS/FWD

Looking at some good reviews on the web I really think that this is the car for me.

Depends on what trade in I get for my Optra.

For those in Phuket the Captiva I saw is in Central Festival in front of TOPS.

Yesterday I saw the Cheovrolet Captiva up close and must say I was captivated. I currently drive a 1.8 Chevy optra and have been happy with it's sturdiness.

This new SUV seems to have the best of the CRV and Fortuner and is available in deisel at 1.5 million.

been out for awhile now in Aus and NZ, good looking as well,should hold its value due to styling imho captiva

Captiva review

should be a good one but wont outsell CRV or Fortuna

Looks like a mix between BMW and Honda SUV's...where they make them? In China or Korea? For me Chevrolet losing its crediability if its not produced in US, but its subjective...

been out for awhile now in Aus and NZ, good looking as well,should hold its value due to styling imho captiva

Captiva review

should be a good one but wont outsell CRV or Fortuna

It's an old Daewoo SUV with a facelift. If it were sold as a Daewoo Captiva would you buy it?

But it's NOT a Daewoo. I wanted to buy the new CR-V but couldn't stomach the petrol engine's fuel gulping. Had it been available with a diesel, I would have owned one. As it was, I ended up with a Ford Focus Ghia. I now wish I had waited on the Captiva. Anyone want to buy a Focus Ghia with about 6,000 kilometers on it. LOL! Yes, 6,000 kilometers. Even my wife prefers to drive the old Nissan pickup because she feels safer and it gets better fuel economy that the Focus. I DIDN'T want a car but sometimes we have to keep the little lady happy. Now she admits that I was right.

As I said before, that looks very nice, and I'm sure the average Thai will be clammering to buy Daewoo that from you at resale time. I know from experience about buying anything Thais don't want; resold an absolute pristine top of line Ford Everest a few months ago...after trying for months and months, and unloaded it cheap.

You've heard about sheep mentality in Thailand. Well, sad to say it's true. I wouldn't buy any SUV that doesn't say Honda or Toyota on the nameplate. I know this limits choices, but really, go talk to tent garages about what they will buy from you later.

As I said before, that looks very nice, and I'm sure the average Thai will be clammering to buy Daewoo that from you at resale time. I know from experience about buying anything Thais don't want; resold an absolute pristine top of line Ford Everest a few months ago...after trying for months and months, and unloaded it cheap.

You've heard about sheep mentality in Thailand. Well, sad to say it's true. I wouldn't buy any SUV that doesn't say Honda or Toyota on the nameplate. I know this limits choices, but really, go talk to tent garages about what they will buy from you later.

When you have something to sell, you normally sell cheap. I had a top of the line Toyota four door four wheel drive that looked great. It was a lemon but the dealer didn't know that and it ran perfectly when he test drove it. Such is life with all vehicles.

Hi

I will try to go for a test ride, dont hope it has the same gear change that the Colorado has, it sucks.

I doubt that because the Colorado is an Isuzu I believe.

Yes it is, same motor as D max, bad gear change (auto), but it could be same motor and transmision (diesel engine)

would love to have a X5 SUV or Range Rover Sports

Let see what you can buy instead of X5 or Range Rover - you can buy the whole fleet - Honda CRV and Chevrolet Captiva and Toyota Fortuner and a choice of Camry, Accord, or Nissan Teana and possibly an extra pickup truck.

From Wikipedia:

The Chevrolet Captiva (designated C100) is a mid-size crossover SUV developed by General Motors's design center in Incheon and is based on the GM Theta platform. The S3X concept car, from which the Captiva is derived, premiered at 2004 Paris Motor Show, with the final model shown at the Geneva Motor Show in 2006.

The Captiva is available in Europe, the Middle East, ASEAN markets, and South America. The Captiva is also available in Australia, where it is sold as the Holden Captiva. In South Korea, where the Captiva is assembled, the vehicle is known as the Daewoo Winstorm. The Opel Antara, a derivative of the Chevrolet Captiva, will be available in North America for the 2008 model year, but badged as the second generation Saturn VUE.

Two engines are avaliable for the Captiva, a 150 hp (112 kW) straight-4 2.0-litre common rail turbodiesel unit developed with VM Motori and a 225 hp (168 kW) V6 3.2 L Alloytec sourced from Holden.

From Wikipedia:

The Chevrolet Captiva (designated C100) is a mid-size crossover SUV developed by General Motors's design center in Incheon and is based on the GM Theta platform. The S3X concept car, from which the Captiva is derived, premiered at 2004 Paris Motor Show, with the final model shown at the Geneva Motor Show in 2006.

The Captiva is available in Europe, the Middle East, ASEAN markets, and South America. The Captiva is also available in Australia, where it is sold as the Holden Captiva. In South Korea, where the Captiva is assembled, the vehicle is known as the Daewoo Winstorm. The Opel Antara, a derivative of the Chevrolet Captiva, will be available in North America for the 2008 model year, but badged as the second generation Saturn VUE.

Two engines are avaliable for the Captiva, a 150 hp (112 kW) straight-4 2.0-litre common rail turbodiesel unit developed with VM Motori and a 225 hp (168 kW) V6 3.2 L Alloytec sourced from Holden.

You know if they have the V6 in Phuket? and how much, think i will go out there tomorrow to have a look.

Hi

Look good, i want it, someone wants to buy a Fortuner :o

NO thanks.....Tried it as a driver or passenger.....Awfully hard ! I went to Pattaya from BKK, and back , and to Hua Hin from BKK and back....and I really feel it is hard hard hard.....Good space, everything in there, but hard !

No wonder GM are rapidly on the slide rebadging cheap Daewoo rubbish.

Built in South Korea = avoid.

You might as well buy a Ssongyang. The most hideous cars ever made.

Is made in Thailand better?

Yes...much better if you want to maintain resale value, parts availability and resalability later. If you don't care about those things, chose as you like.

No wonder GM are rapidly on the slide rebadging cheap Daewoo rubbish.

Built in South Korea = avoid.

You might as well buy a Ssongyang. The most hideous cars ever made.

Is made in Thailand better?

Yes...much better if you want to maintain resale value, parts availability and resalability later. If you don't care about those things, chose as you like.

Your right, i dont care :o

Made in Thailand means Japanese. Made in Korea means Korean.

Apparently the busiest GM plant is the one producing new badges for Korean makes.

Still Captiva sounds interesting. Seven seater with a diesel engine to challenge CRV? Yummy.

Thailand promoting itself as the Detroit of Asia

According to Ewan Kennedy in an article in the 16 May 2004 Canberra Times:

* Last year close to 60,000 Thai vehicles were sold in Australia, with even more expected this year.

* Thailand is much more than a vehicle assembler. Many of the vehicle parts are manufactured there, including major body pressings.

* Utes are currently the big thing in Thailand, with most of the major players on the Australian market importing products from there. Toyota, Holden, Ford and Mitsubishi all bring in utes, as does Mazda. Nissan sourced its Navaras from there for a while, though its currently bringing them in from Japan. It's not just utes, though. Holden Zafira is built in Thailand, as are some Honda Accord and Civic models.

* Quality is generally as high as that of vehicles built in other countries, with the Japanese makers keeping a tight reign on quality control. Australian engineering expertise has been used by the Thai vehicle industry in many important areas. This is happening either by an exchange of engineers between auto makers in the two countries, or by enterprising Aussies working on a freelance basis.

* No prestige makes are imported to Australia from Thailand at this stage and that's likely to be the case for some time to come. However, such major players as BMW and Mercedes-Benz do have Thai-built cars.

BTW The DaeWoo/Chevy is marketed as a Holden in Oz