Andrew Tate to appear in court in Romania as his lawyers argue he should be released

onthedarkside

Labour MP Alex Davies-Jones 'bombarded with death and rape threats' after condemning Andrew Tate

Alex Davies-Jones tells the Commons she received abuse over email and more was sent to her office after speaking out about the "horrendous behaviour" of the controversial influencer.

She revealed the threats when speaking in a debate on neighbourhood policing in the Commons, offering her thanks to her local force in Pontypridd.

https://news.sky.com/story/labour-mp-alex-davies-jones-bombarded-with-death-and-rape-threats-after-condemning-andrew-tate-12800105

• Like 1

If you're gonna take the mysogynist ball and run with it, keep it on the down-low and move around a bit.

Having those kinds of opinions, that kind of life, and then moving to a fairly corrupt AND orthodox-christian place is like dialing 1-800 ARREST ME.

It's not even about him being guilty or innocent. It's about him being too narcissist-nuts to not use the basic brains that God gave him.

• Like 1

image.png.20b701f6fc4ea03f41610fbe89cf5be4.png

Andrew Tate: Influencer's appeal against detention rejected by Romanian judges

The controversial influencer Andrew Tate will remain in custody for at least another month after an appeal against his detention was rejected.

Mr Tate, 36, and his brother Tristan were arrested last month on suspicion of human trafficking, rape and forming an organised crime group.

Both men have denied wrongdoing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-64485965

image.png.3adc08db8f67092842f2df4f8c0cf1b1.png

1 minute ago, Seppius said:

You have to give credit to the Romanians for sticking to their guns, he must spend an awful lot of money there

He didn't help his case but publicly bragging how he could bribe his way out of any legal problem in Romania. Maybe he could have BEFORE he opened his big mouth. I assume they have something like FACE there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

I am not sure about the justice system in Romania, but certainly he deserves due process and a court trial, if they ever get round to charging him with anything?

He'll be charged. Don't know about their trial system either.

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Surely a trial first would be a good idea?

Or are we locking up people who hold the "wrong" views without due process now? I know that's secretly what many hardcore left wing extremists would like to see.

Just to add, I think Tate is a bit of an idiot (so no strawman arguments about me being a fan please) but everyone deserves fair treatment by the justice system.

Yours is the sanest comment on this thread.

Everyone deserves due process. Just because the suspect is a heretic from the Church of Woke doesn't mean that the self-righteous mob should gleefully call for his punishment and humiliation. Shades of a more totalitarian past I hope won't return.

The OP has form. He previously changed his avatar to a photo of Robert Mueller as Batman during the frenzied attempt to get President Trump convicted for being a puppet of Russia. Despite thousands of hours and millions of dollars spent on this grandiose inquest, nothing was proven and Batman Mueller slinked off in ignominy.

Disclaimer: I'm no fan of Tate. I think he's a douchebag and his massive popularity among certain men is baffling.

• Like 1

Tate is obviously a criminal. He has admitted to several serious crimes on video that you can access. This has nothing to do with woke or no woke. Nobody is suggesting that anyone  be locked up just for being a notorious A hole which of course Tate is.

Appears Tate lost his appeal, will remain in detention.  I'd never heard of the guy until recently, but he appears to be a grade A scumbag.....

[They allege the suspects had formed an organized criminal group that stretched from Romania to Britain and the United States, for the purpose of human trafficking.]

[Andrew Tate is known for his viral rants online about male dominance, female submission and wealth. He openly advocates violence against women, and had previously been banned from every major social media platform until Elon Musk reinstated his Twitter account after taking over the company.]

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/02/01/europe/andrew-tate-rejected-appeal-romania-intl-hnk/index.html

Edited by Berkshire
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, chippendale said:

Not a brave retreat. Be less of a weasel than Andrew Tate: just admit that you want him under lock and key.

The courts will decide his fate in due course.

No mob justice, please. Disgusting :coffee1:

Accused perpetrators with the motive and means to flee are routinely held in custody.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Credo said:

He is toxic.  Keep him locked up.  The world is a better place without him.

So you want to lock up everyone you don't like? Without any evidence that they've broken the law? Nice.

The world would be a better place without the cancel culture that you espouse, that tries to force everyone into the same shape as yourself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

So you want to lock up everyone you don't like? Without any evidence that they've broken the law? Nice.

The world would be a better place without the cancel culture that you espouse, that tries to force everyone into the same shape as yourself.

There is plenty of evidence though.