Thailand Forecasts 30 Million Foreign Tourists in 2023

webfact

God help them if they come even close to the numbers. The streets are torn apart, the hotels can’t service the visitors, the traffic is hell with what we have now. It’ll be a complete nightmare and with all the bad press about the police corruption the word will get out quickly and people won’t come. Let them have their dreams and the consequences. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, nigelforbes said:

Apparently you've never been to China, Shenyang and the Pearl River Delta are certainly more polluted than Thailand.

I suspect a large percentage of the toxins in the air we now breathe come from the world’s biggest polluter. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Many laughed and poked fun at prediction of 10 million tourists last year and was made to eat humble pie. Bearing any major crisis in the likes of covid, 30 million tourists are achievable with pent up travelers and lowering of airfares as oil prices recede. 

Yup, absolutely......I'm taking the names of the naysayers, right now. :))

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Many laughed and poked fun at prediction of 10 million tourists last year and was made to eat humble pie. Bearing any major crisis in the likes of covid, 30 million tourists are achievable with pent up travelers and lowering of airfares as oil prices recede. 

Oil prices are going up because your friend China has reopened.

You know how supply and demand works?

Thailand's hospitality can't get staff, it's a shambles as it is, what it will be like with 3 times as many people.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Bet some of the good ole boys in the RTP are licking their chops thinking, "Easy money" will soon be flowing....Shake and Bake!!!  Just ask s Charlene An....

image.jpeg.07e3e7ebc241c284162bfad3a684c349.jpeg

Yes indeed! Maybe for the next few weeks the RTP will have to be more careful who they shake down, but when the debacle caused by the cops blows over, which it will, it will 'business as normal' ?

6 minutes ago, PCUSHING said:

Thailand's hospitality can't get staff, it's a shambles as it is, what it will be like with 3 times as many people.

I sure know how economics theory on supply and demand works when oil is bought at a major discount from Russia and will not lead to major jump in global oil prices. Same goes to demand and supply for the hospitality service shortages. They will be filled. No shortages of part-time sudents needing some income. That's how supply and demand works. 

4 hours ago, 2baht said:

.....but are'nt they Buddhists, that's not what Buddha advocated! 

A friend who passed away a couple of years ago was probably one of the half dozen top Pali scholars in the world, and he would say The Thais are not Buddhist. But you don't have to be a Pali scholar to know what he was talking about.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, PCUSHING said:

Well howdy friend.  ????  China's not been priced into oil yet.  The recession is priced in however.  And if it happens I doubt that oil will do much of anything to be honest.  

But I digress, where was I?  

Oh yes, stories.  I like stories.  ????  

1 minute ago, PCUSHING said:

Your clueless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daneberhart/2022/12/26/2023-oil-outlook-chinas-reopening-signals-return-of-bull-market/?sh=4f18b7c618ed

No doubt you live in deepest darkest Isaan because here in Pattaya no one can get staff, let alone English speaking staff.

Do you actually know any business owners in Thailand who service the tourist sector?

No one can get staff. Trust me i have been here since June.

You need to get out of your Isaan bunker a bit more.

Hello friend!  

During years covid english not good so much now.  We get good talking not as much so we say what we don't want to know if you know friend!  Nice see you, thanks you for listening to english i try.  

Thanks you much.  

Pigs will fly 30 million is a pipe dream it has just been reported that Koh Samui a major tourist island had 200,000 tourists in January this is the peak season if you do your maths over a 12 month period at an average of 200,000 that is well short of what it was before Covid I would be amazed if they even hit the 20 million mark especially now that they are introducing a 300 baht surcharge only time will tell .

4 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Pigs will fly 30 million is a pipe dream it has just been reported that Koh Samui a major tourist island had 200,000 tourists in January this is the peak season if you do your maths over a 12 month period at an average of 200,000 that is well short of what it was before Covid I would be amazed if they even hit the 20 million mark especially now that they are introducing a 300 baht surcharge only time will tell .

I don't think that the surcharge will bite much of anything.  After all, they are going after "high class tourists".  Wink wink...

But let's get serious here - airlines, if tourism takes off will have a really hard time keeping flights going.  This is't thailand its everywhere.  It will be much much worse.  The labour shortage is real and it's everywhere.  

The point of the matter is... what will happen?  Will there be a recession  Will people travel?  

** edited to add:  By the way, Koh Samui totally sucks!

Edited by Blumpie
Yada yada yada

17 minutes ago, PCUSHING said:

Your clueless.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/daneberhart/2022/12/26/2023-oil-outlook-chinas-reopening-signals-return-of-bull-market/?sh=4f18b7c618ed

No doubt you live in deepest darkest Isaan because here in Pattaya no one can get staff, let alone English speaking staff.

Do you actually know any business owners in Thailand who service the tourist sector?

No one can get staff. Trust me i have been here since June.

You need to get out of your Isaan bunker a bit more.

Sorry mate. You really need to catch up with the latest report not a report in December that you linked. This may help you and be updated. 
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Chinas-Reopening-May-Not-Lead-To-A-Major-Jump-In-Oil-Prices.html

By the way, I am a business owner for last 20 years in Thailand. You know a few friends in the tourism business who experience staff shortages which is a short term issue. They are many unemployed and those shortages will be filled. Supply and demand.

Lastly please cut down your condescending tone. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong word

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

I suspect a large percentage of the toxins in the air we now breathe come from the world’s biggest polluter. 

Soon I will be wearing those masks again not for covid but for air pollution. My eyes are starting to hurt after a long ride on my Honda cbr650f, and they haven't even started burning off  yet.

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

Sorry mate. You really need to catch up with the latest report not a report in December that you linked. This may help you and be updated. 
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Chinas-Reopening-May-Not-Lead-To-A-Major-Jump-In-Oil-Prices.html

By the way, I am a business owner for last 20 years in Thailand. You know a few friends in the tourism business who experience staff shortages which is a short term issue. They are many unemployed and those shortages will be filled. Supply and demand.

Lastly please cut down you condescending tone. 

They ain't been filled since June and that isn't about to get any better it's getting worse.

Your friends in the tourist areas or resorts in Roi Et?

Your posts lack any credibility?

Sorry.

I frequent daily the bars, restaurants and all types of hospitality here in Pattaya and the situation is quite dire.

• Thumbs Up 1

56 minutes ago, PCUSHING said:

You employed by TAT?

As their aseannow cheerleader?

You must live a very sheltered life here because your daily experiences of Thailand vary so much from the vast majority of posters on this forum.

I am not talking about the 55 baht beer drinkers on Soi Bukahow either.

I have heard of rose tinted glasses but you must wear a blindfold.

Laughable.

I have been here long enough to understand what you don't...yet.

Indeed my experiences are different from many posters, why is that?

I don't live in Pattaya, (or a bed sit in Burnely)

I don't do the bars,

I don't ride motorbikes,

I studied economics and continue to do so,

I don't repeat farang mantra's such as, "they manipulate the baht", "every cop is on the take", "if farangs left, the Thai economy would collapse", and so on.

I don't like group think or herds.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PCUSHING said:

They ain't been filled since June and that isn't about to get any better it's getting worse.

Your friends in the tourist areas or resorts in Roi Et?

Your posts lack any credibility?

Sorry.

I frequent daily the bars, restaurants and all types of hospitality here in Pattaya and the situation is quite dire.

Herein lies a large part of the problem!

• Thumbs Up 2