Help A Brother Out

LaosLover

He should read Private Dancer to get a good idea about what is going on.

I disagree. The author didn't understand Thai language outside Bangkok. The well-to-do say "mon" is only used for animals. Thai Northern and Northeastern people say it means "him." Bangkok residents who have only attended public schools up to sixth grade say it means "him." Granted, if he had married the girl things might not have worked out (he doesn't seem to have understood reality very well), but not because he overheard her referring to him with the word "mon."

• Like 1

Asking for a friend of a friend how to get a girlfriend and let him use my condo for 6 weeks ??? 

Prepaid electricity, water and housekeeping ??? 

What kind of BS is going on here? 

Is this here a Kindergarten with OP telling fairy tales? 

• Haha 1

2 months then he wants to dump whatever he finds? Or 6 weeks?

Has he been to Thailand or SEAsia before? 

What is his budget for this endeavor?

Speak any Thai?

How often does he get stoned?

Has he ever ridden a bike or motorcycle off-road before or at all? 

Does he speak Thai at all?  

What education and occupation is going to be his story? Where is his home at? 

How old is he?

How did one poster put it so well?  Is he a 10 or a 2 in the physical dept. 

Tell him forget the motorcycle fantasy there are riding camps for that.  Tell him to pick and focus on one thing. 

Book him your massage gal  for the first 3 days and tell him not to pay more than 1500 each day. 

I think hunting and being stoned are not compatible for best success.   

I get the yellow fever but didn't understand the dress thing?

Doesn't he want to see more of Thailand than CM?  

If his real life story isn't going to impress he needs to come up with a new life plan at least for 6 weeks. 

Tell him to lock up in a separate inaccessible account all his funds and only being what he plans to spend.  I assume the room is prepaid and i would hope his budget is 90k + baht extra for 6 weeks.  It sounds like he will be smoking a gram a day.  

I think someone should tail him and make a movie or write a book.  

May I suggest a title. 

Stoner with a boner in CM

On 2/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, LaosLover said:

I tend to agree.

I'd be willing to be his (gag me) wingman and go to a few beer bars. And then just let the inevitable woman pick him.

But he's very down on that route due them all being enslaved and stuff. He's left wing Red Pill, which I'm guessing is very rare.

8 years? You believe that story? I don't.

Can meet women anywhere if you make the effort. Tell him to talk to 10 women a day for a week. How hard can it be?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/3/2023 at 8:26 AM, kingstonkid said:

If he was in bkk I would say take him to nana and see if any of the girls in the street interest him.  He can always take it for a test run.

Don’t forget to tell him don’t wear less than 3 condoms and even then I would seal them off with a bandaid

On 2/3/2023 at 12:05 PM, JimmyJ said:

1) I read your post.

2) I immediately looked at your post count, sure that it would be 3 or less.

I was wrong.

I read your post then had to check your post count. I would have though by know you would understand that post count means <deleted> all.

i was wrong  

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Still promoting that aged, puerile fantasy as the monger's guide to Nirvana?

It's a ripping yarn, that's all.

If you think that then you have no idea, or at least no idea about the time when the book was written.

I met a couple of the characters from that book before I read the book. And I recognized a couple of places, i.e. the bar managers office in Voodoo, because I was in that office. 

That story is as true as it gets.

And Stephen Leather spent a significant time of his life in Bangkok. He knows it.

2 hours ago, n00dle said:

Thank you.

For decades i have watched people on TV an AN trot out this fiction as the key to understanding Thailand. It wasn't accurate then and it decidedly dated now.

So tell us, which part was not accurate? The names? Or anything else? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, n00dle said:

What

Who knows until it arrives, so is it worth any risks.

as I said it is a choice for the poster but I know what I would do.

He does not have to do what I do, but as a retired private landlord I have just commented from experience of potential not fact.

And all it is an open discussion where the poster was seeking a certain level of advice.

46 minutes ago, n00dle said:

According to your post above, you were there. How could I possibly argue with that?

I didn't say I knew everybody and every place from the book. But some of them.

I read the book when it was free to download sometime before year 2000.

I also remember "black leather ankle boots with small chrome chains on the side" in Voodoo - the good old times. ????

From the beginning of the book:

PETE
I don't know if it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close. She had the longest hair I'd ever
seen, jet black and almost down to her waist. She smiled all the time and had soft brown eyes that made
my heart melt, long legs that just wouldn't quit and a figure to die for. She was stark naked except for a
pair of black leather ankle boots with small chrome chains on the side. I think it was the boots that did it
for me.

That is from the original file. I don't know if it is still available:

Copyright 1990-2002 Stephen Leather
The right of Stephen Leather to be identified as the author of the work has been asserted by
him in accordance with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. (No, really. It has.)
All characters in this publication are fictitious and any resemblance to real persons, living or
dead, is purely coincidental. (No, really. They are all fictitious. Though Big Dave is Big Ron
and he knows he is. And Jool’s on Soi 4 is Fatso’s. But I’m not Pete. Honest.)
I’m quite happy for you to download, copy and distribute this electronic version of Private
Dancer, but all copies must be distributed unaltered and complete. You must not add or delete
anything, or modify the content in any way. (It’s just fine as it is, thanks.)

On 2/2/2023 at 1:26 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

51KBVP0EJ0L.jpg

Did you notice that the girl isn't holding a real cut-throat razor?  It's one that takes a small disposable blade, about the size of a normal disposable razor.

It could still mess you up, just not quite as badly as the real deal.  I assume people think it's a true cut-throat razor (and was probably intended to appear as such).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

Did you notice that the girl isn't holding a real cut-throat razor?  It's one that takes a small disposable blade, about the size of a normal disposable razor.

It could still mess you up, just not quite as badly as the real deal.  I assume people think it's a true cut-throat razor (and was probably intended to appear as such).

by all means give your theory a test. get a copy of said blade in the pic and have a few swipes.

1 minute ago, stoner said:

by all means give your theory a test. get a copy of said blade in the pic and have a few swipes.

If you can't figure out the difference between these two types or razor without slashing yourself with them, perhaps you should stick to electric shaving, or maybe grow a beard. ????

1D6A3247.jpg

1-set-Men-Straight-Barber-edge-Razors-Folding-Shaving-Knife-Hair-Removal-Tools-With-10pcs-Blades.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I didn't notice. I never used such razor.

The picture was made many years after the book was written and it was not easy to find such a girl with long black hair. Because by that time many girls had color in their hair. They finally found the perfect girl in Angel Witch in NANA. She is the cover girl. 

The original book was just a pdf file without cover. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

If you can't figure out the difference between these two types or razor without slashing yourself with them, perhaps you should stick to electric shaving, or maybe grow a beard. ????

1D6A3247.jpg

1-set-Men-Straight-Barber-edge-Razors-Folding-Shaving-Knife-Hair-Removal-Tools-With-10pcs-Blades.jpg_Q90.jpg_.webp

maybe i spoke a little too fast. lets try again. 

in the pics you provided i implore you to test your theory with both products. for example make a slashing motion across any part of your skin with either of those blades and let us know how it goes.