Help A Brother Out

LaosLover

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was engaged then, so no.

If that's the case I'm really really sorry to hear that it's become so rubbish that it's renting by the hour now. Sad days, and the dream really is dead.

In many cases you will have the choice what you like and what you want to pay for. Lots of guys are happy to pay for an hour so that two hours later then can go back to the wife. ???? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, JackGats said:

But do you mean unlike those "losers", you could attract a (half-way good-looking) GF in your own country but you still want to live in Thailand? What is is that brings you here?  The sea-food dishes where seafood got replaced by mushrooms and chunks of ginger? The meat and fish dishes with mostly bones, skin and cartilage and harly any meat or fish? The scorching heat? The tone-deaf eardrum-piercing music? The road carnage? The plastic dystopia? Just curious.

Food was never a part of the attraction for me, and apart from the women, the things I liked about it was;

being able to stay in a cheap hut right next to the sand on a lovely beach ( probably impossible in a western country unless mega rich ).

The lack of bureaucratic regulations.

The lack of wokeness and PC.

Real cinemas the way they used to be in the west.

Actual service by a human being.

Great public transport.

Every day was amazingly interesting, not a boring groundhog day.

Bars one could relax in without being deafened.

Affordable restaurants.

Cheap DVDs.

There's more too.

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In many cases you will have the choice what you like and what you want to pay for. Lots of guys are happy to pay for an hour so that two hours later then can go back to the wife. ???? 

I'm puzzled, as that was what a short time was- till the guy had a happy ending, so could be 10 minutes or 3 hours. Sounds like it's going the western way, perform by a predetermined time and gone happy or not.

11 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sure you are. You're not paraphrasing either, your use of IMO makes that clear.

"That's not a girlfriend. IMO that's a disposable vagina attached to a human being"

I was saying that that was the prospective boy friend's attitude. It was never mine, as I liked being with them as a person and not just the sexual bit. Which was why I never went short time.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

I was saying that that was the prospective boy friend's attitude. It was never mine, as I liked being with them as a person and not just the sexual bit. Which was why I never went short time.

How does short time impinge negatively on the friendship? Why is it necessarily just sexual. I'm not getting your drift at all here. It's a total non sequitur.

7 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How does short time impinge negatively on the friendship? Why is it necessarily just sexual. I'm not getting your drift at all here. It's a total non sequitur.

??????????????????

The entire thread has been about a guy that wants a girlfriend for sex.

Short time isn't a friend thing.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????????????

That's an old canard which might sound true on the face of it without critical inspection. It's totally illogical and irrational. 

What makes a girlfriend? What is a friend More than 97 mins /day or week cuddling you in front of a TV with a show she doesn't want to watch. Or you? Lack of exchange of money? Is an oft repeated short time sexual encounter not a friendship? 

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

That's an old canard which might sound true on the face of it without critical inspection. It's totally illogical and irrational. 

What makes a girlfriend? What is a friend More than 97 mins /day or week cuddling you in front of a TV with a show she doesn't want to watch. Or you? Lack of exchange of money? Is an oft repeated short time sexual encounter not a friendship? 

Friendship/ love isn't logical or rational, as it's based on emotion.

IMO sex alone is just sex, not friendship. I had a regular masseuse, but I never invited her home, and she never invited me home. If you ain't visiting their home you ain't friends- just aquaintances.

That's it from me on this as off topic.

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If you think that then you have no idea, or at least no idea about the time when the book was written.

I met a couple of the characters from that book before I read the book. And I recognized a couple of places, i.e. the bar managers office in Voodoo, because I was in that office. 

That story is as true as it gets.

And Stephen Leather spent a significant time of his life in Bangkok. He knows it.

I was discovering Bangkok and Pattaya at the time the book was written.

The book taught me absolutely nothing. It was something to read while away at work. The worksite library wasn't very good.

Next you'll be touting "Thailand Fever"  as a must-read for a lasting marriage.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

??????????????????

In Brasil, a man can have an amiga colorida* and the ladies an amigo colorido.

AFAIK, it doesn't exist in Thailand.

* I miss you Ana-Keila Silva da Silva.

17 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Did you notice that the girl isn't holding a real cut-throat razor?  It's one that takes a small disposable blade, about the size of a normal disposable razor.

It could still mess you up, just not quite as badly as the real deal.  I assume people think it's a true cut-throat razor (and was probably intended to appear as such).

It certainly fooled me into thinking it was a real one, compared to the one my barber used on me today.

On 2/8/2023 at 9:38 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Disregarding the language thing, IMO he was spot on regarding bar girls. That is from decades of knowing many of them.

Well, I haven't been on the scene for over a decade, but I met a few decent ones. Ones with a strong work ethic, anyway. Some of them wouldn't rob you.

On 2/2/2023 at 11:14 AM, LaosLover said:

To fulfill his lifetime dream of finding a girlfriend. But only for 2 months.

Best to start with one hour, then overnight, then a couple days, then start over.

Pattaya is not a town for finding "girlfriends" and doubt he has enough money to afford it.  

Only read OP, will catch up later.  Good luck

On 2/8/2023 at 12:16 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Is an oft repeated short time sexual encounter not a friendship? 

It is companionship, intimacy, and passion (hopefully)

Those 3 connections suffice for many men as we do not seek monogamy

Not much going on as he slowly comes to terms with the $2K air fare. I put it to him that he could visit a sex worker 4-5 times at home for that and not have jet lag. He wants the adventure.

Then there was a back and forth about whether he should get an 800 baht room down off Loy Koh Road to just wallow in it instead of commuting from Nimman, which is not exactly sin-central. Isn't inhaling the estrogen funk of the insular world of 6 beer bars at least half the attraction?

He wants a manic pixie goddess. If you don't know the term, it's a movie trope for a sexy cutie who can't get enough of a hang-dog slacker, just so they can have a bad rom-com plot. So basically copium for incels. 

I liked Red Pill circa '18 when it was a Chris Rock-like make fun of women in general-fest. Once they veered into biological determinism (and Trump-loving), the laughs were gone for good.

A website, We Hunt The Mammoth,  in which feminists make fun of the red pill, has occasional laughs. Purple Pill Debate on Reddit is where Blue Pill debates Red Pill. Short version: Dating for young guys is brutal.

On 2/8/2023 at 10:03 AM, pomchop said:

Another illegal airbnb operation....

So the poor suckers who bought or did a long term lease on a condo whose HOA rules as well as thai law say no rental less than 30 days find out that their idea of semi peace and quiet living in a residential condo is full of all sorts of short term renters clogging elevators swimming pools coming home drunk and loud is not only allowed byt promoted by agents in the lobby. 

The condo I just left had huge signs urging people to turn Air BnB-ers' in -about 80% of the residents. In 4 months there, I saw no one loud, drunk or bothersome. They were the only ones who used the pool and gym, so no prob on that score. A lot of Thai families like a condo with a pool. I was on a 6 months lease; am I due half your outrage?

If the building was overwhelmingly short stayers and they put up a sign proclaiming it badness, but then let the unit-owners make their money, isn't that a very Thai solution?

On the other hand, I agree with you that Government should regulate Air BNB, if that is the will of the majority, like it is in Hawaii. A lot of NZ/Oz people are getting killed trying to rent due to Air BnB.

Air BNB -at the expense of local housing needs- awards a cash prize to the well-placed owners, but causes social problems that someone else has to pay for. Typically, a business (like a business that pollutes) that has a net negative impact has to compensate for that, $$$$-wise.

Edited by LaosLover

On 2/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, LaosLover said:

But he's very down on that route due them all being enslaved and stuff. 

He is very green. How old? In this country at least, most of them on view to average farang choose that lifestyle... minimal skill and effort required + quick money. Switch off and lay down with wife-beater-wearing large man for 15 minutes = one week factory work pay.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, LaosLover said:

He wants a manic pixie goddess. If you don't know the term, it's a movie trope for a sexy cutie who can't get enough of a hang-dog slacker, just so they can have a bad rom-com plot. So basically copium for incels. 

Either he's been smoking something hallucinogenic, or been reading fantasy books about Thai bar girls. I "dated" a lot and never found any that would play that sort of game, and why should they, when they don't have to do anything to earn it.

As for a sexy cutie, they were a rarity, though they did exist. IMO his best bet is to go on line where the best ones now lurk, and then he can stay anywhere.

22 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Isn't inhaling the estrogen funk of the insular world of 6 beer bars at least half the attraction?

Have you ever been to the boxing ring collection of bar beers on Loi Kroh? The reality is hardly what you describe. I lived almost next door to know, and the description I give to it is "boring". C M is not the city to live in for what he is looking for- Bangkok is number 1 and Pattaya number 2. C M doesn't even deserve a number, IMO.

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Have you ever been to the boxing ring collection of bar beers on Loi Kroh? The reality is hardly what you describe. I lived almost next door to know, and the description I give to it is "boring". C M is not the city to live in for what he is looking for- Bangkok is number 1 and Pattaya number 2. C M doesn't even deserve a number, IMO.

I found so many attractive and available women in CM, I never needed to go to Pattaya or Bangkok.

The ladies were also available in Saigon (but not Da Nang or Hanoi).

And also plentiful in Phnom Penh, Siam Reap (Cambodia) and Barratto (Philippines).

Was in Loi Kroh last week and plenty of young and attractive women available.

23 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Not much going on as he slowly comes to terms with the $2K air fare. I put it to him that he could visit a sex worker 4-5 times at home for that and not have jet lag. He wants the adventure.

I agree with him.

It's not the cost, it's the adventure.

And my last 12 (mainly Thai) years have been one hell of a ride.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I found so many attractive and available women in CM, I never needed to go to Pattaya or Bangkok.

The ladies were also available in Saigon (but not Da Nang or Hanoi).

And also plentiful in Phnom Penh, Siam Reap (Cambodia) and Barratto (Philippines).

Was in Loi Kroh last week and plenty of young and attractive women available.

Perhaps covid changed things on Loi Kroh, but I only ever saw one BG that I wanted to take out of the bar and the mama san said it'd cost me 5,000, so that was not a starter ( she didn't speak English ). Otherwise, the girls would have been 3rd rate in Pattaya.

I think our taste in women is extremely different. The only ones I found in C M that were attractive were the ones working in the malls and they were not going to go out with me. There was a waitress in Swensons in Central Airport that was so beautiful I'd have crawled across broken glass if she'd have agreed to bed me, but of course that was never going to happen as she could get offers from rich guys.