RTP good news: Lumpini cops return 6.5 million baht Richard Mille watch that fell off Viet tourist's wrist in a taxi

webfact

Once more, just in time to make one forget the news about shakedowns...

Strange (and lucky) how these happy events, involving the BiB, always happen only days after 'bad news'. Also, lucky that earlier (extortion) news weren't about millions, or the returned watch this time would have to be worth a billion baht...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The story could have been published to shed a more positive light on the police.  Nothing unusual about that.  
And if it being possibly fake.  If it was I would think the facts and descriptions in the story would be more general. In nature.  Not so specific. 
About why a person would just wear an expensive watch anywhere.  Well I guess you would have to own one.  To have the mentality of where and how. And if you do have the means to own one.  Its just a normal everyday watch to you. 
But also I would think if a watch just slipped off the person would notice it. Either feeling it or noticing it

42 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

6.5 million for a watch, ridiculous .  Does it tell a different time from the rest of us? Even if you just consider it an item of jewelry, its still ridiculous. 

Ugly watches but some people like them

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And every time there's this type of report Thaivisa is full of unwarranted posts condemning them as bull while offering nothing but cynicism to back their lame assertions.   

We are all titled to our opinions, albeit you consider it RTP bashing, hmmmm, wonder why ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, orchis said:

unbelievable

They probably thought it was a fake and the guy was taking the p##s, only later to be kicking themselves HARD, when they found out it's worth, i.e. if you can believe this BS story ????

Edited by 4MyEgo

Ha, ha, ha, ha ............ what a co-incident. The RPT is getting its backside properly seared and some will be sacrificed for good measure so the highway robbery can go on. 

On this particular article I heard a most challenging comment. It was unknown to the commenter, that General (sleeping bag) Prawit also had Vietnamese citizenship ........... 

Every day is school day ???? 

"RTP good news: Lumpini cops return 6.5 million baht Richard Mille watch that fell off Viet tourist's wrist in a taxi".

The taxi driver probably deserves the accolades unless the RTP is also driving taxis and returning watches.

Edited by MrJ2U