Court grants temporary release to two hunger strikers

snoop1130

0333837A-9469-4811-AED8-EE87E3AD2F9F.png

Image Credit: Thai Lawyers for Human Rights (TLHR)

Thailand’s Criminal Court granted temporary release to two hunger strikers today (Tuesday), at the request of the director of Thammasat University Hospital, claiming that their health has deteriorated to a life-threatening level due to high levels of blood ketone and a reduction of kidney function.

Separate requests for the temporary release of Tantawan Tuatulanon, aka “Tawan”, and Orawan Phuphong, aka “Bam’, were submitted to the Criminal Court today by the director of the hospital.

Both have been treated by the hospital for more than two weeks now, but they are still, technically, being held on remand after they voluntarily revoked their own bail and were sent into the Central Women’s Correctional Institute.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/court-grants-temporary-release-to-two-hunger-strikers/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-07

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

"Temporary"?

Was the Suthep gang granted "temporary" release?

SUTHEP AND AIDES GRANTED BAIL, 2 DAYS AFTER SEDITION VERDICT

Suthep and seven of his lieutenants who campaigned alongside him during the “Shutdown Bangkok” street protests in 2013 and 2014 were deemed to pose no flight risk by the Court of Appeals. Their bond was set at 800,000 baht each.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2021/02/26/suthep-and-aides-granted-bail-2-days-after-sedition-verdict/

Even Pinky managed to get her ankle monitor removed. She did spend three months "behind bars" before being granted realses on bail.

"The actress told the Court that she found it difficult to work in the entertainment industry while wearing an EM tag. The Court agreed to her request."

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/political-activists-seek-justice-after-pinky-allowed-to-remove-em-tag

Plenty of hand-wringing on this matter, even the PM has weighed in, which has surprised me. Quite a few ultra-nationalists are blaming and shaming the parents. The PtB seem worried about martyrs even though they have been easily dealt with in the past. Time, and erasure from the history always do the trick.

• Love It 2

12 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

"Temporary"?

Was the Suthep gang granted "temporary" release?

SUTHEP AND AIDES GRANTED BAIL, 2 DAYS AFTER SEDITION VERDICT

Suthep and seven of his lieutenants who campaigned alongside him during the “Shutdown Bangkok” street protests in 2013 and 2014 were deemed to pose no flight risk by the Court of Appeals. Their bond was set at 800,000 baht each.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2021/02/26/suthep-and-aides-granted-bail-2-days-after-sedition-verdict/

Even Pinky managed to get her ankle monitor removed. She did spend three months "behind bars" before being granted realses on bail.

"The actress told the Court that she found it difficult to work in the entertainment industry while wearing an EM tag. The Court agreed to her request."

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/political-activists-seek-justice-after-pinky-allowed-to-remove-em-tag

Plenty of hand-wringing on this matter, even the PM has weighed in, which has surprised me. Quite a few ultra-nationalists are blaming and shaming the parents. The PtB seem worried about martyrs even though they have been easily dealt with in the past. Time, and erasure from the history always do the trick.

I thought he got a 6 year sentence just over a year ago???

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kwilco said:

5 hours ago, kwilco said:

Haha. Haha.Haha. I'm bored. Can't write any more.

The girls should be loved for their efforts to improve Thailand. Suthep......my God!

15 minutes ago, kwilco said:
  • February 24, 2021 PBS

"Former cabinet minister Suthep Thaugsuban,was sentenced to five years in prison by the Criminal Court today ."

Let me guess, applied for appeal that then is being paid for monthly, to stay at the bottom of a big stack of papers, in hope of some solution mid-term. Seems that is how it goes down here often. What about Premchai, wonder if he is even inside of jail at all. All we know he just stays in some villa via the back door.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Let me guess, applied for appeal that then is being paid for monthly, to stay at the bottom of a big stack of papers, in hope of some solution mid-term. Seems that is how it goes down here often. What about Premchai, wonder if he is even inside of jail at all. All we know he just stays in some villa via the back door.

He's highly active...