My wife blew up the CRV

Rimmer

On 2/17/2023 at 7:51 AM, Tug said:

I’d put the new engine in it and thank goddess my wife loves her old car do something really really nice for her appreciate your good fortune 

Yep that's what we have done cost around B40,000 but now the workshop owner wants to buy it because it is overall in good  condition! 

So we looked at buying a replacement for her and came down to two options:

Option one.

Honda City Hatchback 1.0 RS priced at B749,000 less B10,000 for cash free insurance for one year and window film.

Option two

MG ZS priced at B669,000 after cash discount, free insurance for one year and window film.

She likes the size of the MG because it is more the size she is accustomed to plus we live at the end of a dirt road that washes out in the rainy season, but there are a few negative reviews on them, so what to do?

8 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Yep that's what we have done cost around B40,000 but now the workshop owner wants to buy it because it is overall in good  condition! 

Option one.

Honda City Hatchback 1.0 RS priced at B749,000 less B10,000 for cash free insurance for one year and window film.

Option two

MG ZS priced at B669,000 after cash discount, free insurance for one year and window film.

She likes the size of the MG because it is more the size she is accustomed to plus we live at the end of a dirt road that washes out in the rainy season, but there are a few negative reviews on them, so what to do?

Depends on what the negative views are. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goblins Reef said:

As you say, the MG reviews are often very poor. It's far better to go with Honda or Toyota in Thailand because they are a known quantity. They have a proven track record, everyone knows how to repair them and parts readily available plus the dealer network is extensive.

There's a MG dealership where we live and models are selling like hot cakes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

"MG owners rated the brand’s overall reliability particularly poorly, with 35% of MG owners reporting a fault in the first year of ownership in the 2022 Driver Power survey, but the mood improved when it came to value for money". 

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/mg/hs/reliability#:~:text=MG HS reliability,came to value for money.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Goblins Reef said:

"MG owners rated the brand’s overall reliability particularly poorly, with 35% of MG owners reporting a fault in the first year of ownership in the 2022 Driver Power survey, but the mood improved when it came to value for money". 

https://www.carbuyer.co.uk/mg/hs/reliability#:~:text=MG HS reliability,came to value for money.

The reading doesn't say much, all I would say is you get what you pay for of which sounds good to me. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kwasaki said:
9 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Option one.

Option two

Expand  

...and where the negative reviews come from; strangely enough, there are some people who love to have a dig at MG, just because it's Chinese.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rimmer said:

She got the car back yesterday and is so happy to have it back.

They fitted a recon engine, all new pipes, cables radiator fan motor and other stuff which I cant understand as of course it's written on the bill in Thai    Total B35,500   

I am happy as well as I shan't be buying a new car after all ????

All's well, that ends well............:drunk:

• Like 1