Can I still get a visa stamp in Vientiane?

Am in Vientiane now (though sight seeing trip rather than for Visa purposes) & there are no problems crossing the border at Nong-Khai or (from other TR’s I’ve read) coming back & getting a 45 day Visa Exempt stamp.

As an aside you’re entitled to 2 x Visa Exempt entries via land border each calendar year & I’m guessing you haven’t used any of these so you should have no problems   

A great thread with good tips on  how to make the trip… 

No Covid/Vaccination/Insurance stuff needed either way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, BritTim said:

No one else seems puzzled by your question, but I am really confused.

I was also confused but assumed that whilst he’s sorted everything out to do his Non-Imm O conversion, he’s left it too late (need 15 days remaining on his existing permission to stay) so is doing a “Border Bounce”.

BTW, Thanks again for the tips on doing a visit to Vientiane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cubism001 said:

I got my yearly retirement visa sorted, but I need the extra days so my agent can process things.  Thank you.

Your OP and thread heading makes ZERO sense. 

Describe your current situation coherently and advise will be along. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I was also confused but assumed that whilst he’s sorted everything out to do his Non-Imm O conversion, he’s left it too late (need 15 days remaining on his existing permission to stay) so is doing a “Border Bounce”.

Yes, thinking about it, that is the most likely explanation (assuming he is doing what the agent recommended after looking at his passport). He is not currently here on an annual retirement extension, but thinks that is what the agent is planning to give him.

To the OP: the agent will initially get you a 90-day Non Immigrant "conversion" visa, followed later by a 12-month extension. This costs significantly more than just the extension. If you can meet the conditions, consider applying for the 90-day Non Immigrant visa in Vientiane. This will save on agent fees (assuming you do not want to do the extension yourself).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

There were many things that the agent left for me to do, they wanted 22 days left on my entry stamp & like Mike said, I ran out of time so need to do a border bounce.  Hope that makes sense, though pls note that some other folks read what I'd posted & they gave me great advice.  

Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1

39 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

Hope that makes sense, though pls note that some other folks read what I'd posted & they gave me great advice.  

No.

Most folk had no idea what you were asking.

So you are doing border bounce to obtain visa exempt entry 45 day stamp to enable agent to obtain non O.

Answer : yes no problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

People seem to keep those names to themselves, though.

Please post something sensible.

Recommendations for agents are ask for in many threads.

In fact current thread on that.

I post agents names in many threads. 

It's not secret information. 

14 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

People seem to keep those names to themselves, though.

Maneerat (Pattaya, Soi Post Office / Soi 13/2) can do it with 15 days left on your permission to stay & I thought that was the standard for most Agencies. 

Never had to do it (I got my Non-Imm O in Penang) but friends of mine who have done the Visa Exempt - Non-Imm O conversion tell me that 15 days is the very minimum. 

Edited by Mike Teavee

19 minutes ago, cubism001 said:

'Many' & other generalities doesn't = I've asked & people ignore that.  Stop criticizing. It's boring

It's boring? 

As I posted there is current thread and many knowledgeable folk have recommended agent details. 

This thread is Pattaya specific.

If you live in Bangkok you can contact @ThaiVisaCentre for advice who are involved with this forum. Many other agents that are mentioned often. 

It's not difficult. 

Edited by DrJack54