Estimated Time to get to Don Muang Airport from Suvarnabumbt

Eddie45

If my flight lands at Suvarnabhumt at 6.15am how much time should I realistically give myself to clear immigration, get my bags and get to Don Muang airport in a taxi. I know the traffic is a nightmare in Bangkok and dont want to missing connecting flight. Havent been to Bangkok for a few years.

Heavy traffic unless your arrival is weekend or on a holiday…

If you have a flight ticket flying out of DMK you can board the free shuttle bus direct to DMK.

With traffic 2 hours plus. Without traffic :50 minute ride.

I would plan conservatively 1.5 hours for immigration and baggage…then downstairs to the airport rail link all the way to Phaya Thai station..:40/ Take BTS from Phaya Thai to Mo Chit/ Take airport bus A1/A2 direct to DMK, thus cutting out most traffic.

or: Get to Krung Thep (Bang Sue) and take rail link direct to DMK.

Long story short ….be at DMK by 1030 or 1100.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Time to clear immigration and get your bags is what it is.  Although Immigration have installed many new booths at Suvarnabhumi for the purpose of speeding up arrivals, they are quite often unmanned.

I've often arrived around that time and not really had problems with the traffic - using the following combination Route 7 - Route 9 - Route 1.

Your going the right way - away from the city and provided you use the following road combination (also the most logical), you shouldn't have too much of a problem once you get off route 7.

Mind you, its Thailand and any small problem can become a massive traffic jam.

Are you aware there is a free shuttle bus between the airports?

• Like 1