Indian Man Says he was Robbed of 44,000 Baht in Cash in Pattaya by Pickpockets

webfact

18 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The bare minimum survival instincts should discourage anyone from carrying more than a few thousand baht in cash, and no valuable jewelry, when out and about in a place as notoriously crime ridden as Pattaya. These are very simple laws for well being and self protection. Hard to feel too much sympathy. 

The exception might be if one is on their way to purchase a car, rent an apartment, do a major ganga deal, etc. 

Don't agree with you by law you have to carry as an Indvidual 10.000 baht going trough customs or 20.000if it is a family. I always carry 20.000 when I arrive in Thailand 

19 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

In all of my years here, I have never heard of Thai pick pockets, that and you think, if you were crazy enough to carry 44,000 baht in cash as I have done in the past, i.e. from ATM to car, to house, to safe, you would put 10k baht in each pocket and avoid people.

I call his story BS and that it looks like Indians in particular are looking for some kind of fame or creating new scams each time they come here, e.g. how long before we here of the next Indian victim.

His insurance policy, I would think wouldn't cover such an amount, or that is the maximum.

Also I couldn't help notice his unidentified friend carrying a bum bag with hand on it, as most do.

I used a money belt inside my pants. Simple enough, but effective in preventing pickpockets.

I'd certainly never carry that much in a pocket accessible to a pickpocket. Seems it's not just farangs that leave their brain at immigration, unless it's a scam.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Mr. Surve said that the group distracted him wth conversation and then one of them must have pickpocketed 44,000 baht in cash that Mr. Surve stated was in his pants

Smiling face with police report in hand he can now make an insurance claim back home.

Be back to Thailand soon, will bring some more mates..

I don’t think insurance pays out on lost/ stolen money.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, actonion said:

Not sure,     waste of police time  if its not  possible, another thread shows the India  guy holding a  police report paper

Well they get paid to do a police report, nothing compared to their usual compensations I am sure. Just seemed unlikely any travel insurance would cover cash of any form.  Maybe cover some daily expenses until going home.

Edited by jacko45k