Ford Ranger Wildtrak – Can this be correct ?

tomgreen

Ive recently purchased a new Ford Ranger 4 door Wildtrak 2022 ( 2x2 ) Model. Ive  power washed this pickup several times and never really noticed the rear wheel brake caliper assembly's.

Yesterday I parked this Ford Ranger Wildtrak in a supermarket carpark , when I came back to the pickup I happened to notice that both the rear wheel calipers assembly's , some how they now looked different .

My first thought was looking at the rear wheels and the calipers assembly's , that some sort of cover from the top of the calipers assembly was missing. Looking at the calipers assembly's you can see that on both sides there are what appears to look like protruding clips ( Marked A ) where some sort of cover can be attached . I contacted the Ford Dealership where I purchased the vehicle from and asked about the rear wheel calipers assembly's and sent the dealership a photograph of the rear wheels .

The Ford Dealership then told me that the photograph I had sent them of the rear wheel caliper assembly , was normal and all new Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2022 models came  exactly like that .

Now to me just looking at the calipers assembly's and the obvious two protruding clips that look like they are made to take some sort of protective cover, leaving the calipers assembly's open to the weather and dust elements does not seem correct.

Any thoughts on the above would be welcome ( not looking for comments about Ford Vehicles ) just about my thoughts that there should be some sort of cover over the rear calipers assembly's.

AC1.jpg

AC2.jpg

I have similar clips on the front disc brakes of my Mitsu Expander. The main difference is that mine are made of thin wire and look like they could be pulled out by anyone who so desired. They look a bit like circlips.

IMG20230211100708.jpg

IMG20230211100702.jpg

IMG20230211100708.jpg

Edited by Coota
Added Photos

18 hours ago, Tuvoc said:

Looks normal. Find another Wiildtrack in the supermarket carpark and take a look. 

The rest may have drums or the rear if they are oldder models. This must be the only regular pickup in Thailand that has rear discs. 

I agree with you,  the design looks flimsy, maybe an after thought, and may have been a "quick fix" to an issue discovered in preliminary testing, to get the vehicle past the warranty period. The clips maybe prone to premature removal.

Numerous new vehicles have engineering issues.

Would you have bought the vehicle if you had seen the issue before purchase?