Second Hand Bookstores In Phuket?

natalie8

I have quite a few books I'd like to sell and of course I'd like to buy some new (second hand) ones. I do alot of reading, so the second hand prices are nice and I've always found a good selection in the used bookstores in BKK. :o

In Kata opposite Club Med is Kata Bookshop and you can email them at [email protected]

The Anchor bar owned by Nigel in Kata center used to have quite a nice selection of books for exchange.

Also at The Bounty Bar opposite The Boathouse in Kata is a small selection of books to swap. Usually my hubby Kevan next door has a private stash as well.

I discovered a good little second hand book shop in Rat-U-Thit Rd the other day. They have quite a large range of titles all sealed in plastic and catalogged.

It's a little stand alone shop about half way between Hat Patong Rd and Bangla Rd on the western side near some cheap eating places.

Sorry, I cant be more specific.

I discovered a good little second hand book shop in Rat-U-Thit Rd the other day. They have quite a large range of titles all sealed in plastic and catalogged.

It's a little stand alone shop about half way between Hat Patong Rd and Bangla Rd on the western side near some cheap eating places.

Sorry, I cant be more specific.

Unfortunately they have everything classified alphabetically by author's FIRST name, which makes things rather confusing. There is a shop on Nanai does the same. The best shop I have found so far is in Phuket town. From the morning market (where the local busses stop), go towards the roundabout, turn left, turn right after about 50m and there is a shop on your left, maybe 20 m from the corner. The shop is run by a Japanese guy and has a pretty good selection, well organised. The shop opposite the Phuket Zoo turnoff is also very good.

Occassionaly I buy something at Kata Bookshop, next to Kata Country House oposite Club Med, but IMO by far the best with a great collection in all lanuages: South Wind bookshop in Phuket Town, close to Kasikorn Bank on Phang Nga Road.