Tourist visa extension now requires the applicants to provide written conformation from the resort they are staying at!

Just now, Lemsta69 said:

You've been here 20 years and don't know about TM30?

I did not say that did I!

So you telling me that if people move around and the address of their original stay has changed they have to approach the resort and ask them to go online & fill out a bunch or <deleted>. We have taken numerous people to get a tourist visa extension and never had this problem before. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

My understanding is that all foreigners staying in Thailand must have a TM30, submitted by their host/landlord/hotel/guesthouse, or by themselves - done online, in person or by mail.  It's the TM6 entry card that was done away with.

It's a requirement that's not always enforced.  It's not a problem NOT to have one, unless you have business with immigration.

Still a very draconian Orwellian law, my daughter is coming to stay in our house for just 10days, and yet by law has to be registered in 24hrs. :crazy:

Thais claim to need, want tourism to boost the economy. The reality is they don't want foreigners on Thai soil. They make it very difficult, nearly impossible for the average person to comply with ridicules requirements. Why this is the case I will never understand. TIT.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Tubby said:

I have never heard that tourists need an online application from the resort. This is going to make chaos.

80% tourists stay in hotels or resort type hotels where they do TM30. 20% Tourists stay in dodgy resorts that want to avoid taxes and fail to do TM30. SO it is not big problems. 

• Like 2

Sounds like the place the OPs friends stayed at this trip didn't file a tm30.   A few hotels I stayed in in my 7 weeks dec-jan for my passport but over half the time wife was able to check in with me standing there and they didn't ask for my passport.  Does this mean they were saving time not doing the tm30 or not paying taxes?  Small hotels just recovering from the COVID times.  Also 3 weeks staying out in the hood and I don't file tm30s.  Flew to Cambodia for new 45 days. 

I think this requirement is so they know tourists address.  Maybe the Chinese stink has imagration crossing all their t and doting their i's

Edited by Elkski
  • Thumbs Up 1

Everyone is saying that this is a problem with a TM30 notification not being done. However,

14 hours ago, Tubby said:

they had their tm30. Now the resort owner is online trying to submit the info they want. 

I have heard that Trang Immigration can be a little flaky, and I think this is an example of a rogue office. When offices start adding unusual requirements that are often difficult to comply with, I become suspicious about their motives.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Not sure that I agree with your sentiment that foreigners are not wanted on Thai soil. I do agree that Thailand can  make it extremely tedious and difficult. Stamped entry in and out in the digital age. A great way of keeping people menially employed.

Here's a stark contrast; today, my Cambodian girlfriend and I (British) came here to Singapore. When we arrived at 3:15pm there was zero queue at airport immigration, in fact almost every kiosk was an automatic gate. She was astonished at how different it is to Thailand. She was able to use the electronic gate for entry (as was I). 10 seconds and we had cleared immigration, baggage was just arriving and we were out of the door. Amazing efficiency. Was even able to use our contactless debit/credit cards to pass the gates into (and out of) the MRT train system. Singapore appears to be thriving with tourists and workers.

You have to remember Thailand has a mind set about keeping people working, it is one way for people to have jobs

I've been in this situation multiple times. All you have to do is call the resort and tell them immigration needs a tm30 confirmation or letter. The hotel will then email you the letter or proof of Tm30. It takes the hotel a few minutes to do this. You then just show the email to immigration officer. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1