1,900 Chinese Flights Set to Land in Thailand as Chinese Tourists Begin to Return in Large Numbers

webfact

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

1910÷7 = so 273 flights a day just of Chinese. How can the AOT handle all those extra flights when they are still having all of the regular flights land. Just yesterday we saw an OP on Suvarnabhumi trying to return to getting folks through immigration and baggage. As far as I know the extra 60 desks are not even out for a bid to be built.

6,318 more flight requests will add another 902 flights per day.

Please tell me just how they will manage the influx of almost 600k passengers per day, just from China. Looks like they believe the PM of 200illion coming this year......

555+

What are your calculations based on?  Im guessing a gut feel.. 

Try 76 flights per hour and thats just suvarnabuhmi. Now whip out your calculator

https://www.airportthai.co.th/en/airports-of-thailand-plc/about-aot/business-characters/#:~:text=At an initial stage%2C Suvarnabhumi,operate up to 76 Flights.

Edited by whereyougo

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

1910÷7 = so 273 flights a day just of Chinese. How can the AOT handle all those extra flights when they are still having all of the regular flights land. Just yesterday we saw an OP on Suvarnabhumi trying to return to getting folks through immigration and baggage. As far as I know the extra 60 desks are not even out for a bid to be built.

6,318 more flight requests will add another 902 flights per day.

Please tell me just how they will manage the influx of almost 600k passengers per day, just from China. Looks like they believe the PM of 200illion coming this year......

555+

Flight requests can be inbound or outbound, the article doesn't differentiate but I suspect instead gives the totals. Arriving flights are therefore likely to be half that number.