Flying taxis could be with us sooner than you think!

Social Media

Flying taxis could be with us sooner than you think as Dubai hopes to launch its "aerial ridesharing" service by 2026.

United Arab Emirates Prime Minister Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum has announced the approval of the designs for new air taxi stations across the city.

Renewing Dubai's commitment to the flying taxi programme, he said the services will start operating within three years' time - after first being touted in 2017.

A promotional video, which was also tweeted out by the ruler, shows a six-rotor electric flying taxi made by Joby Aviation, which is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California.

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

Literally adding another dimension to the traffic madness in Bangkok would be, perhaps, a less-than-perfect development.

From what I’ve learned of thease craft they are automatic no input from a pilot the sky is a big space you could stack traffic vertically or horizontally allowing say 500 foot separation via programming actually I believe it would relive congestion that beeing said I don’t think we are there yet but it’s not long off!

22 hours ago, Tug said:

From what I’ve learned of thease craft they are automatic no input from a pilot the sky is a big space you could stack traffic vertically or horizontally allowing say 500 foot separation via programming actually I believe it would relive congestion that beeing said I don’t think we are there yet but it’s not long off!

And more noise pollution! Hope flying cars and drone delivery never happens