Marriage extension...Immigration Home Visit

17 minutes ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what an agent is?

I thought it was a visa service by people who simply prepare the documents and get you an expedited appointment so you don't waste time at immigration and don't have a house visit. Nothing to do with money in the bank that is my job.

Signing is done at their office not at immigration.

Yes agents do exactly as you outlined.

Referred to as handholding.

In addition most agents also offer service to cover financial requirements for some visa and extensions such as money in the bank for non O retirement and subsequent extension.

Edited by DrJack54

2 hours ago, TravelerEastWest said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what an agent is?

I thought it was a visa service by people who simply prepare the documents and get you an expedited appointment so you don't waste time at immigration and don't have a house visit. Nothing to do with money in the bank that is my job.

Signing is done at their office not at immigration.

Offices can and do vary, thats Thailand.

But in the instance of an extension based on Marriage, which my comment was based on. Your understanding is wrong. The paperwork and camera photo is done at immigration,as described.

17 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Offices can and do vary, thats Thailand.

But in the instance of an extension based on Marriage, which my comment was based on. Your understanding is wrong. The paperwork and camera photo is done at immigration,as described.

Interesting I am talking about a marriage extension - still confused single photo camera work is done at the office and house/family photos are done at home (without immigration)

My paperwork preparation (including signing) is always done in the visa service office not at immigration this is a big part of what they are paid for - saving time . Maybe you mean the actual immigration office paperwork which is normally done by immigration staff?

Edited by TravelerEastWest