Thunderstorms, strong winds, falling temperatures forecast until Friday

webfact

image.jpeg

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has advised 50 provinces to brace for thunderstorms, strong winds and falling temperatures, by 1-3oC, with hailstorms in some areas from today (Wednesday) until Friday.

Meanwhile, in Bangkok this morning, 60% of the capital was lashed by heavy rain, with poor visibility being reported by motorists on the expressways, forcing them to reduce the speed to prevent accidents.

The turbulent weather conditions are being caused by the arrival of a strong cold front from China, which is covering Thailand’s north-east and is forecast to spread to other regions, said the department, adding that these conditions will converge with the westerly winds, blowing through the north tomorrow and Friday.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thunderstorms-strong-winds-falling-temperatures-forecast-until-friday/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-02-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has advised 50 provinces to brace for thunderstorms, strong winds and falling temperatures, by 1-3oC, with hailstorms in some areas from today (Wednesday) until Friday.

Two hour steady shower this morning in my neck of the woods.

For the first time on a week it actually feels a bit fresher.

Yes it arrived in Pattaya... winds, rain. temperature dropped 10 degC (much appreciated), all my night lights came on! Light rain continued after  but has stopped now.... more of the same welcome. Ice cream man just arrived, which is perplexing, never saw him when it was sweltering!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes it arrived in Pattaya... winds, rain. temperature dropped 10 degC (much appreciated), all my night lights came on! Light rain continued after  but has stopped now.... more of the same welcome. Ice cream man just arrived, which is perplexing, never saw him when it was sweltering!

Maybe he doesn't usually get that far with his stock.Today was your chance ????

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Getting some of that now, heavy overcast and winds.  Actually a 70% chance of rain in the forecast later.

Good, the solar panels could use a rinsing off 

image.png.79e32db83d8d41f76d70a47db843b730.png

70% chance of rain , who is the weather forecaster ? The TMD only gives 20% 

13 minutes ago, superal said:

70% chance of rain , who is the weather forecaster ? The TMD only gives 20% 

wunderground, though not till midnight.   Kind of strange, as just north, SRY way, skies were dark, started to get dark here & windy, and now seems to have dissipated. 

Do hope it shows up at midnight, as so dry here, and knock the rest of the air pollution down.  For a few days anyway.

Usually get the forecast right, more often than wrong.

image.png.ffad1a3019326d4e856f239aea0f724d.png

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Getting some of that now, heavy overcast and winds.  Actually a 70% chance of rain in the forecast later.

Good, the solar panels could use a rinsing off 

image.png.79e32db83d8d41f76d70a47db843b730.png

Alternatives to fossil fuel use - EXPLAINED, in 1 sentence.

Every time I use the EVs or Solar at home, I save money instead of spend money.

You pre-spent the money... what's your breakeven point... 10 years to 20 years is the norm. 

26 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Alternatives to fossil fuel use - EXPLAINED, in 1 sentence.

Every time I use the EVs or Solar at home, I save money instead of spend money.

You pre-spent the money... what's your breakeven point... 10 years to 20 years is the norm. 

Much less, between 4 - 7 yrs.

@superal wunderground got it right, little late but raining