PEA receipt posted to house for bank debit bill payment.

alanrchase

Several years ago I paid the PEA bill by direct debit and would get a receipt in the post every month that had my name on as the person paying the bill. This was handy as an acceptable proof of address for my foreign banks. I changed the payment method to internet banking a few years ago using the PEA app and receipts can be downloaded from the app. Last month I changed back to the direct debit method as I require the receipt posted to my house again. However, it is now two weeks since the bill was paid and I have not received a receipt. Does the PEA still post receipts to your house for direct debit payments or have they gone paperless? If needed can you request a receipt be posted to your house? 

35 minutes ago, Crossy said:

The PEA app will create a "Smart Invoice" which should have all the necessary detail.

The receipt and tax invoice on the app have no details for how the bill was paid, the only information on them is the name from the blue house book. With internet payment the receipt was with the next months bill printed by  the man reading the meter. The top half was the current months bill and the bottom half was the receipt for the previous month's payment, however, no information on who paid the bill. Generally banks etc. will not accept anything printed from the internet as proof of address anyway.

1 hour ago, alanrchase said:

The receipt and tax invoice on the app have no details for how the bill was paid, the only information on them is the name from the blue house book. With internet payment the receipt was with the next months bill printed by  the man reading the meter. The top half was the current months bill and the bottom half was the receipt for the previous month's payment, however, no information on who paid the bill. Generally banks etc. will not accept anything printed from the internet as proof of address anyway.

I pay 3 houses by DD, two in Ubon and one in Chiang Rai. Previously i received a receipt in my name for all, a while back no receipt was sent for Ubon and when i asked at the electric office was told they stopped sending these. In Chiang Rai i still receive so i guess different rules for different locations. You may want to go to the main office and ask.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BOB JOSHUA said:

Hi Still receiving my paper PEA bills in Pattaya and I pay direct debit from my bank so not gone paperless like AIS & CAT/TOT

Bob Joshua

Same for me Trat, still get the paper bill as the guy that reads the meter puts the bill in the plastic box, they now use a hand held meter reading device that prints out the bill there and then. Phone and Internet do not have meters, but I pay TOT Direct debit and Still get a paper bill.

I and wife both noticed separately that we have not gotten the usual mail receipt for paying our electric bill with Prachuap Kirikhan PEA for at least the last month. We pay by direct deposit, as we have done for  more than a year.

So maybe it's a new thing.

Hi Liverpool Lou

I paid my TOT account on Monday 20th using an old bill, and guess what 2 bills turned up in my outside mail box yesterday 21st February Due dates 22/01/2566 & 22/02/2566, so it looks like Thailand Post has issues getting the mail out.

Bob Joshua

A quick update. I received a receipt in the post today for December's bill, bit strange as the direct debit payment started with the January bill. Anyway, it seems my PEA does post receipts but they are a month or so behind.

Thanks for the replies.